~:*:~ Nineteen ~:*:~

Paxton

I walked in on Emma and Nate making out in our room. They looked guilty, but obviously for different reasons. Emma felt bad that they took advantage of mine and Nate's shared space without my permission. Nate was afraid that I'd judge him for his treatment of Emma even though he was completely hung up on this mystery girl.

"Sorry, Paxton. We'll head up to my room so you can stay in here. I'm pretty sure my roommate is out playing frosh games." Emma offered as she grabbed Nates hand to pull him off his bed.

He broke free from her grasp. "Actually, I promised Paxton that we'd hang out right now to make up for ditching him the other day."

This was the first I'd heard of this plan.

Emma got all pouty. It was quite unattractive. "But we were just-"

"I ditched him to go on a date with you, if you recall. So right now you can't expect me to break my plans with him when I made sure not to break my plans with you before." He explained seriously.

"But I'm your girlfriend! It's different-"

"A plan is a plan. Sorry, Emma."

She did not look happy with me. If I didn't find her agitated face so funny, I would have confessed to Nate's lie and surrendered willingly. She stormed out of the room and slammed the door behind her.

"I don't appreciate being your excuse for avoiding your girlfriend."

"Sorry, dude. I needed a way out." He looked genuinely apologetic. It was cute.

"So what are you actually planning to do right now?"

He pulled on a sweater and grabbed his key card to leave. "I'm off to roam the hallways of all the other residences in hopes of catching the eye of my mystery girl."

I actually stopped in my tracks. "You can't be serious?!"

He shrugged. "Why shouldn't I? I've spent enough time in Massey to know that the girl doesn't live here. If she did, I'm sure she'd make herself known by now. So I'm going to crash the other residence's frosh events and park myself in their buildings until she finds me."

"That seems like a lot of effort, Nate. What if she doesn't even live on campus?" I thought back to the note I left him in the hotel room, wondering if I'd given that much away. "Did she say anything to you about it?"

He shook his head. "No, she just said she'd see me on campus..."

"Then why don't you save yourself some time and just wait until she bumps into you naturally!"

"I can't wait for fate to intervene again, Paxton! I need to find her as soon as possible."

"Why?"

He threw his hands up, exasperated. "Because I feel like shit every time I'm near Emma! I feel like I'm cheating on her, if not physically then emotionally. And when I'm not around Emma, I'm plagued with the seemingly impossible task of forcing myself to remember that night... that fucking brilliant night..."

I crossed my arms over my chest, delighted by the compliment but doing all I can to hide the feeling. "How much do you remember now?"

"I just keep getting flashes of sweaty bodies and wet lips gliding along one another. I can hear moaning and grunting... the feeling of pleasure and our hearts racing..." He looked up at me then, embarrassed that he'd said such intimate things out loud. "Sorry, T.M.I."

I cleared my throat and tried my best to cool off. His description, though vague, had really turned me on.

"I still can't get an identity, and everything seems like a jumbled mess in here..." He tapped his forehead as he frowned with annoyance, "... but I know enough to be sure that I need to find this girl. I think I'll go mad if I don't!"