23

Chapter 23

"His Royal Highness!"

"It's His Highness the Holy Son!"

"God of Light is above, may you give endless favor and grace to my dear Holy Son..."

The tall and slender boy walked down the street with a faint smile, followed by the majestic knights with silver swords hanging from their waists. He was dressed in a pure white robe that looked a little dazzling in the sun, which made his whole person look like a ghost, and his eyes were even more like jade.

When the commoners along the road saw him coming, they all stared at him with admiration. Then, when they approached, they put their right hands on their left chests, bent over and saluted, and the admiration and reverence in their voices were beyond words.

This is of course the credit for what Ludwig has done these days. In this era of underdeveloped technology and severe social inequality, the living conditions of the commoners and the upper classes are vastly different.

To put it more cruelly, many of the humblest civilians are not even as valuable as a horse - no, it can be said that it is far less valuable than a horse. Those officials who guard the city gates, or the lowest-level clerics who have a slight trace of light and magical blood, are incomparably high in their eyes.

And Ludwig, who, in their eyes, is like a servant of God, who should bathe in milk and lavender with flowers, is willing to work tirelessly to clean up those domineering and cruel priests for them. In his eyes, he was as divine and perfect as the preacher of the gods in the world.

"Ugh......"

With a warm smile on his face, Lord Saint Son, who was flawless in the eyes of others, sighed softly to the system in his mind.

"These people are so innocent that I feel a little ashamed."

"There is nothing to be ashamed of. You did a great job, boosting the momentum of the Holy See of Light." S1017 sounded very satisfied, "And the Phoenix Association was shut down all of a sudden."

"So I say, these people are really innocent."

Although Ludwig, the Holy Son of the Holy See, has cleaned up the low-level clergy who bullied men and women, in the final analysis, it is the Holy See who has been inactive, directly and indirectly condoning this group of people. These people don't know how badly they are bullied on weekdays. The better thing is that their family wealth is taken away, and the worse thing is that a lot of people lose their lives if they accidentally provoke someone.

However, after Ludwig cleaned up like this, those commoners looked at him with reverence as if they had seen their reborn parents, and murmured the hymn of the Holy See of Light.

As for the Phoenix Association, which had gradually become a prairie fire in the past few months, no one seemed to mention it overnight.

The young man smiled and nodded to the commoners along the way, but he felt a sour and tender feeling in his heart, and the urge to do more. If when he was looking for Heyman, he thought more about the task, then now, looking at these expectant faces, this emotion gradually became heavy.

...Although it is only a world of tasks, he also hopes that he can leave as good things as possible.

.

"Mackay, how are you?

The young man called McKay frowned and threw the sword around his waist on the table.

"A bunch of fools!" He paced up and down the room angrily, groaning and groaning on the fragile, poorly spliced ​​wooden floor, "It's just that Holy Son pretending to take care of a few small characters. , they all started to sing hymns as if they were going to die for the Church of Light! Damn, did they forget who brought them all their suffering? No matter how I tried to persuade them! Those idiots still Tell me not to take risks!"