39

Chapter 39

The next day, when the morning light illuminated this pleasant canyon, the Knights of Light once again launched an attack on the Phoenix rebels.

As soon as they played against each other, they realized that their opponents were completely different.

The strength of the Phoenix Rebels, whom they had been suppressing and beating all the time, skyrocketed overnight, and the black demonic energy released was so strong that it could almost completely obscure the sight. Soon, the knights who were hit let out a heart-piercing cry of pain, feeling the violent destructive force rampaging through their bodies, unable to fight back.

From this day on, in the next few battles, the Holy See of Light was defeated. The Phoenix Army easily harvested the lives of the Paladins, and their numbers were getting smaller and smaller.

When the battle report was sent to the Dark Temple, Cloud was very satisfied, but McKay behind him was hesitant to say anything.

--Claude didn't care, and he was keenly aware that fewer and fewer civilians defected to the Phoenix Territory these days.

Obviously, the inside story of the Phoenix Army's use of dark magic-even supplementing its strength with human life-has been passed on.

This is already fundamentally different from the original world line.

Originally, the Dark Holy See had some high-level suggestions to use civilians to supplement the magic power of the Phoenix Rebels at the most difficult time, but the protagonist Shou firmly disagreed. His persistence moved the civilians who came to defect. The civilians took the initiative to endure the pain and expressed their willingness to sacrifice the bones of their dead family members to replenish the magic power of the Phoenix Army. The protagonist, Shou-Claude, knelt down for this, and swore to his chest that he would never live up to such support. , It can be said that it not only solved the urgent need but also gained faith.

From then on, the Phoenix Army has completely become an oasis and hope in the hearts of the people at the bottom. Even the fear of the dark Holy See handed down from generation to generation cannot be shaken.

But it's different now.

The protagonist, who was repeatedly frustrated, couldn't trust Aldia and his own feelings, and turned the other party into a puppet. Once this bottom line is broken, the morality that once bound him no longer exists.

When the defectors who came to the Phoenix Land for the first time found out that the Phoenix Army was a dark cultist and were hesitant and afraid, he did not choose to appease them, but put these defectors into the magic circle and turned them into a source of magic power.

No matter how well the external information is blocked, all the people who have moved to Phoenix Land have no news. How could the relatives and friends outside not guess what happened?

The Phoenix Territory is the dwelling place of the devil and the den of the cannibals of the Dark Holy See. Such secrets spread like wildfire, and the civilians who were planning to move to Phoenix Territory hurriedly returned in fear, gritted their teeth in hatred:

"I thought it was really a kind and selfless Magister... Who knows, he is actually taking advantage of a disaster like the plague to deceive people!"

"No wonder it is true that the Dark Holy See is the devil's believers and the dregs of abandoning conscience. It is said that those who moved in the past were actually cut open, dug up their flesh and refined them, and replenished the magic power of the Phoenix Army! And the bones were made into Weapons. This makes them unsafe even if they die."