29

Chapter 29

"Stop!"

When Ludwig's motorcade approached a viscounty area on the border between the Bector Empire and the Duchy of Antioch, Collins suddenly shouted loudly, while holding the reins tightly. His strong arms pulled the horses into a long cry of "咴-", raised their hooves high, and had to stop.

"Boy, what are you doing?"

The knight commander has long been dissatisfied with this guy who is obviously not from the Holy See, but is inexplicably favored and relied on by His Highness the Holy Son.

Seeing that he suddenly stopped and interrupted the rhythm of the team, he immediately reprimanded.

Collins ignored his scolding, but lightly kicked the horse's belly, causing the horse under his crotch to step back a few steps, back to the level of Ludwig's carriage, and tapped his finger. Pane: "Dear Your Highness, the wind tells me that there is a dangerous atmosphere in the forest."

"Oh?"

Ludwig stuck his head out: "Is there an ambush?"

"I think so."

"Then stand back." Ludwig chose to trust him for no reason, and issued an order directly to the knights.

The knight commander questioned unwillingly: "Your Highness, you can't make such a hasty decision because of the nervousness of a young boy..."

"I've probably crossed more dangers than you have crossed Andorra Forest." Collins couldn't help but retorted - Andorra Forest is recognized as the safest forest, and is often a training ground for magic apprentices and knight apprentices.

Collins didn't mind being questioned and misunderstood, but he didn't want to hear someone slander his abilities in front of his Highness-even if Ludwig wouldn't believe it.

The knight commander shuddered at the rudeness of this peasant boy. He was about to speak when his sensitive ears heard the sound of arrows breaking through the air. His expression suddenly froze, and he shouted "Alert!" in a conditioned reflex, and drew his sword at the same time. . And in the next second, as soon as his eyes flashed, he saw the young and useless-looking boy next to him rushing out faster than him.

Collins took the lead, charging towards the direction of the attack with the arrow, followed by six knights, including the knight commander. There were also six knights holding long swords at the side of the carriage, firmly guarding Ludwig.

Hearing the clamor and shouting outside, Ludwig had already understood Collins' premonition.

He pushed open the carriage door and was about to jump out, but was stopped by the knights guarding the door: "Your Highness! Please stay in the carriage and don't risk yourself!"

"The other party has a magician."

Ludwig responded succinctly - he felt the magic fluctuations accompanying those arrows, and the breath of those who rushed out of the dense forest at this time was very obvious. Although this dark aura is not as pure as Claude, it is like a bright light in the dark night for a light magician, and there is no doubt about the other party's origin.

Hearing the words, the knight hesitated for a while before being pushed away by Ludwig. The latter waved the delicate staff in his palm, propped up a light barrier with a radius of about five meters, and protected the carriage and the six surrounding knights. The flying arrows hit the barrier and fell one after another, making a "chirp" sound from the place where the barrier was lifted, and black smoke escaped.

The next few knights also responded: "Dark Holy See!"

The cry was very frightening, after all, the Holy See announced the elimination of the Dark Holy See as early as a thousand years ago. Now, however, the dark sorcerers have appeared and attacked their Son.