Chapter 54/201: Terms of the Young Master

HAPPY SATURDAY!

As thank you for all of those who awaited our fanfiction results: here's a SATURDAY UPDATE! With ANOTHER one to be uploaded tomorrow!

Why?

Because waiting for us is always worth it :) :)

Thank you for everyone who tuned in to our Instgram stream, and make sure to watch its recorded version if you didn't yet! Our Instagram handle is author_athenas!!!

Please SHOWER this update with infinite love and votes!

~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~

My eyes widened at the rude, actively inconsiderate statement which erupted from my ex-employer's chest, and I blinked.

'I have no need for a personal assistant, Chairman. She is dismissed in advance.'

What... the...

Was he serious?

This man... someone in his condition...

How proud do you have to be to reject help in such a situation...?

No, more like... this is not pride...

But something like being borderline illogical!

I parted my lips to retort, and yet no words came out.

I'd seriously not seen this coming.

A shift beside me was felt at this, and the tall, fearful silhouette of Trevor Ellington Conway stepped next to me.

I shuddered, seeing his expression was still unchanged.

As his merciless, tyrannical gaze clashed against that of his son's.

And for a split of a second...

His lips twitched.

And his jaw tightened.

"Caretaker, Alexander." He stressed the first word, "You have no such thing as a personal assistant anymore, you are correct."

My eyes widened for a split of a second, yet I directly struggled to conceal it, as the meaning of his words registered to me.

Personal assistant...

That's... me... right?

Charlotte Thorne, the private secretary...

A knot formed in my throat, as he did not even flinch, keeping his terrifyingly dangerous gaze into his son.

"But a caretaker will certainly be of fair serve during your recovery period." He murmured, barely moving his lips. "As I mentioned, she was recommended by the Oblonsky's, which guarantees her competence. Try her for a week, if you are not satisfied, we shall accomodate."

I gulped.

This man...

Such an objectifying way of addressing people...

Was he talking about some car?! The heck!

I clenched my teeth, moving my gaze back to his majesty Ellington.

Cold sweat drenched my back, noticing he did not have a reaction which I was expecting.

From my knowledge of the almighty R.E.C., I'd expected to find his ocean orbs storm, or his left hand clenched over his right hand wristwatch, or his eyebrows slightly furrowed and his jaw twitching... all as signs of his displease.