Chapter 25/172: Second Destination

An insistent reminder to read the two special chapters posted in our Charlotte's Story Extra/Special Material book as PREREQUISITE to this arc! They will honestly enhance your reading experience for this arc, as you will have a better background of the RickardxSarah relationship, and you will get several references!

Read+enjoy+vote+comment!

~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•

I descended in the Golden Employee Elevator along with Alba, as I eyed my watch impatiently. "Gah! I'm so hungry, Alba!"

She smiled at me, as she nodded, "Same here."

Upon reaching the thirtieth floor, the elevator stopped, as its doors opened to the ascendant.

The first feature that came into sight was her bouncy beach curls, as she widened her smile at us. Her oriental tan and shiny, cat-like green orbs glowed as well, as she cheered upon seeing us, "EY! Cherry and Albe!!" She chuckled.

**Albe: My heart -Arabic, Sarah uses it as a pun here because it's a nickname for Alba and also signals its literal meaning as well**

.

.

.

It took us a few minutes till we reached the ground floor, as we descended and headed with Sarah in the direction of the cafeteria.

We poured what we desired from the plat de jour menu, Alba and I followed the half-Lebanese woman as she made her way between the tables.

It seemed as though she knew exactly where and who she was headed to.

Reaching that particular table which attracted all the eyes to us, the brunette slumped next to the huge and graceful figure of Rickard Ellington Conway, who was elegantly slicing the steak in his plate. He didn't seem to mind her, as his orbs directly pinned to me for a second, before snapping back towards her.

I took a seat next to Alba, who sat before them, and in a matter of seconds, the vice president Leonard Beards had arrived as well, taking a seat at the head of the golden table.

"My, my. Been a while since we've sat like this!" He grinned at us, snapping "How was your trip to Berlin, Charlotte?"

I fidgeted, remembering how... fruitful my-our trip to Berlin was with the business Mogul before me. I frowned, hey, why wasn't he uncomfortable with the question?!

"It was fine," I smiled, taking a bite from my plate. Nice dodge, Char! Smooth and clean!

Apparently, my cool answer was not as cool as the vice-president expected, considering he fixed me with his seductive baby blues as he chuckled. "Ah, just that? Katherine told me it was..." He paused in suspense, then his look glinted with some dirtiness, "Breathtaking, to put it gently."

I choked on my food, coughing softly, and at that, a clear, contrary-to-his-usual-manners, clatter of his majesty's fork on the plate was heard.

Reaching for his right hand wristwatch, R.E.C. fixed his vice-president, "Well then Katerina needs two categories of lessons, Leonard." He fixed Leonard Beards with a gaze meant to freeze him, "The first of which is one which expands her diction, and the second of which is one which reminds her to mind her business."

Katy's possible answer to this made my lips twitch: 'You bastard, shove your diction somewhere to expand your other holes!' I muffed a giggle, and saw as Leonard seemed to be thinking the same thing as well.