Chapter 4/151: Nameless Stranger

Vote & support!
~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~

“Mom, I'm going now! Don't forget to make me my favourite muffins when I get back!" Theodore's voice came, and a small smile came to my lips.

I eyed my reflection on the mirror, my fingers extended up to touch the tips of my hair locks, now having reached some centimetres below my shoulders.

I gazed back into my tired, puffy eyes, and saw the sadness still residing there.

It has been five months and two weeks.

Mom is still wearing black, but her tears have decreased day after day to an average of a cry or two per day. Theodore is back to his normal nature, he still cries from time to time, but oblivion slowly decreased his grief and acceptance helped him adapt.

As for me, I still wore black as well, slightly mixing it with some other colour from time to time. My hand was healed and all healthy and mobile. I turned twenty-three, and I had achieved an average of crying every two to three days, as well as having nightmares of my father's final moments from nights to nights. I have been training Karate regularly, earned an orange belt and was a few sessions away from a green one. I also enrolled in shooting lessons and mastered shooting at a one hundred meters distance and less, and was still taking lessons too.

I put on my earrings, as well as slight mascara. I had seized from putting too much make up since five months ago.

Well, basically, it was just the matter of the mood.

I was trying my hardest to move on, just like I'd agreed with... him.

Rickard Ellington and I hadn't been in contact at all, and I would be lying if I said I had not missed him. So much.

I had seen him at times when I visited Katy at Leonard's, but we spoke nothing at all.

Just like strangers.

He was giving me my break to the fullest.

I let out a sigh, gazing back into my puffy eyes. My heart still felt heavy, I still felt weak.

From inside.

I had developed my self-protection skills greatly in the past months, but psychologically, the pain and fear had not gone.

They were still there. I lacked resolution. And I lacked that happiness.

I can almost count my smiles on one hand through the past five months.

I let out another breath, as I grabbed my bag, and headed out of my room.

Descending down the stairs, my mother's voice came, as tender as ever, yet as tired. "Don't you want to have breakfast, Lottie?"

I paced towards the front door, as I opened it, "I got a Karate class in some minutes, mom! I'll catch up with you as soon as I come back!"

And I shut the door behind me.

.

.

.

I paced in the crowded streets of Westminster, as I headed towards the building where the Karate classes were held.

It wasn't as far from my home, and thus I didn't exactly need a car to reach it.

As I neared the Big Boys' patisserie, my thoughts wandered towards Theodore's favourite brownies, which he had been nagging for me to get him since two days.