Chapter 5/152: Keith

Missed us? Enjoy a long, long chapter, and a surprise at the end, loves!
~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•

Straightening from the sofa I was lying on, I frowned slightly at the place I was in.

It was something like a room, more like, a mixture of a kitchen and room and a semi-apartment.

A very mini one.

A presence to my side suddenly stunned me, and I jumped, turning to see who it was.

I sighed in relief as I looked at the fluffy brown fair of Chester, the doggie. He had his tongue stuck out and tail wiggling at me to show me his friendliness.

Honestly, dogs never fail to soothe my weak heart.

I gave him a friendly look, and not really a smile, just a small arc of lips, as I patted his head.

But then I recalled I was not in a familiar place, so I moved to descend, directly, frowning and looking around.

"Just where..." I stood up, and at that, the door to the side of the apartme-room snapped open, and he stepped in.

It didn't pass me that behind him, we were actually on the street! Like, a road!
But, what the heck?!

I frowned at him, suspiciously, and he gave me a gentle smile, showing his chin dimple.

"Ah, awake, I see?!" He spoke, voice cheerful yet hoarse.

It was the nameless dude I had been bumping into this whole day.

But wait, where... Why am I here?! And why is he here?!

"What happened?!" I spat.

He kept his carefree smile, despite the tension in the air between us.

"You fainted after saving the little girl earlier." He neared me, offering me a bottle of water he was holding.

Right... the little Helen.

My heart constricted, heavily, recalling all the feelings that hit me earlier.

Goodness, I was terrified.

The incident merely showed me how much I was still not over my father's death.
It still haunted me despite all the things I'd tried to move on through the five months.

It showed me that despite having healed completely physically; psychologically, I was still severely damaged.

I shook my head in signal I didn't want the bottle, wordlessly.

He let out a breath, and opened the bottle himself, chugging down some water. Finishing, he looked back at me with those jades, and closed the bottle, "Though I must say, I almost mistook you for Wonder Woman, there!" He chuckled slightly, "Dude you almost got stepped over!"

I didn't manage any reaction, as I bit my lips, looking away. "I couldn't just stand back and watch."

His smile faded slightly, and he looked taken aback by my reply. "But you don't know her. And you could've both gotten killed." He spoke in a matter of logic.

Deciding the argument will not lead us anywhere, I changed the topic, "Where am I?"

He got my thoughts, but simply moved along with my question. "My caravan." He shrugged, and turned to place the bottle of water on the sink.

I got a chance at that to examine some more tattoos shown on his neck in the space between his scarf and shirt.

Wow, lots of inkings.