Chapter 50/197: The Revolution, Abandoned

This chapter emotionally tortured us!

Recommended track:  Interstellar Main Theme by Hans Zimmer - You have to check it out to experience the chapter the way we did!!

COMMENT+VOTE to support our cute Charboo in this hectic chapter!

Also, important A/N at the end, please check!

~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~

A tear strolled from my cheek over the screen of the frozen watch, down onto his skin.

And I straightened, eyeing him in pure lack of registraton. "Huh?"

My mind suddenly shot back to when we were standing at the center of the compass rose.

And I explicitly asked him –as Emilia to Esteban– to please never do this one thing.

He was still not looking in my direction, as he used his void gaze to freeze random targets before him.

My lips twitched, blinking in his direction, "Y-You're joking, right?" I felt my voice come out as a whisper.

I felt my breath get stuck in my throat following this, seeing how much his expression lacked humanity, and how not a single semi-emotion crossed his face. His frozen, full lips were slightly parted though, allowing his throaty, emotionless vocals to come out:

"You will keep on receiving monthly salaries for the upcoming six months, considering you have been dismissed without prior notice."

I shuddered, my fake smile fading now as my eyes remained wide, and I couldn't utter a single letter no matter how much I tried.

"I will also have Leonard contact a number of sister companies to send you job offers, making sure you get employed before the six months end." He resumed, not flinching or moving his jaw.

For a second, he looked like a robot perfectly delivering what he was programmed to believe.

Another tear strolled down my cheek, as I gulped. "You can't be... serious..." I whispered after marvelous effort.

He turned not towards me, as he remained silent.

Leaving his words to sink in to me.

Slowly.

Yet with massive pain.

Thousands of stabs hit my chest at once.

'Please never let me go for my own safety.' –My words from on the compass shot to me.

He was... dismissing me.

For real this time.

This wasn't a transfer to the seventh branch.

Nor was it a six months break.

He was... sending me away.

From him.

Away.

'Because that would only make me more miserable.' –My words echoed to me again.

He was letting me go again.

After what I realized yesterday.

'I love him.' –My own thoughts tore my heart agonizingly.

I was losing another person after finally finding him.

"No." I found myself saying, my voice low yet... yet firm.