Chapter 72/219: Daisy Drift

Again, late but better than never! We're overwhelmed guys :(

Check out the very, very important A/N in the end and please support by voting and commenting!

~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•

I'd gotten very close to death during the span of my employment under Rickard Ellington Conway.

From when Paris Fiore put me in one room with a drunk rapist.

To when Harveston Hamilton kidnapped me for three days.

To when I got hit on the head and lost my memory.

To when I got stuck in a fire in the seventh branch.

To when the Chairman almost shot me and Reina Collins.

To when I delved into one of the most dangerous areas of London unarmed and had mafias fight left and right around me.

To when I was thrown into the sea while being aquaphobic.

And most recently to being kidnapped and drugged on a rooftop.

In each of those events, I'd felt like death was too near and that maybe the universe did not want a long lifespan for me.

But never.

Never have I felt death nearer than in the past minute.

With shear and blind fear, my perception-reaction capabilities hit an ultimate crash.

As sensation moved in agonizing slowness through my palms and fingertips, which had started bleeding due to the shattered glass beneath them on the ground.

The mix of pain and blood triggered a spiral of my post-Tottenham trauma combined with when the man before me had gotten shot and bled on my hands.

And it was in a matter of seconds that I sunk into an infinite and recursive loop of terror.

Blinded, the first thing the bits and pieces of my conscious rushed to do, once it realized I still had life within my body...

Was perceive the person beneath me.

I couldn't see well, my vision spinning and my senses messed.

And so I opted for the most basic and blinded method I could muster.

On a will of their own, my hands moved in the direction of Rickard Ellington Conway beneath me.

And I just started feeling him.

"Are you okay?!" I breathed, running my shaking hands over his wrists.

The body beneath me shifted.

"Are you okay?! Are-Are you injured?!" My hand moved up towards his muscular shoulders, tears streaming down my face at this.

"Daisy," A cool, deep voice came from before me.

I didn't perceive anything.

Daisy?

Daisy who...?

I didn't mind the tears on my face, neither did I mind the blood traces I was leaving on his skin because of my injured hands.

"D-Does it hurt anywhere?!" My shaking fingers sensed his neck, and yet minded not the hard muscles beneath them.