Chapter 89/236: Not the Love of Alba's Life

Been more SWAMPED this week literally too but hyg ;)

Appreciate your votes and comments - keep us motivated!

~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•

The burning sensation on multiple parts of my finger tips, coupled with the smoke starting to choke my breath, pulled me out of my stunned state, as I moved, dashing towards the door of the office.

Unlocking it, I stormed out, staggering as I ran across the hallway, which was catching fire bits by bits.

Time felt like such a concept, and the visuals around me were nothing helpful.

The colors were a mix of orange, grey smoke, and some fire sparks shooting left and right. In a sense, it felt like a simulation, as I struggled to keep my sense of check, running while gasping over a very thin line of air.

The temperature was at something definitely higher than I could imagine, as I just blindly dashed through the estate.

Heading towards a target I had so well in mind.

If anything, it was the first and only thing I had in mind, especially after my most recent discovery in the Chairman's office.

Yes, I had to go... there.

My phone started buzzing again, and I picked up, still not slowing down my pace.

"CHARLOTTE!" Scarlett's deranged voice came. "Are you still in the estate?! Keith and I are on our way! Please get out!"

My heart clenched, noting it was among the very few times my sister was clearly sobbing. In fear. Very clear and evident fear.

"I-I'm still safe, Scar, I promise I'll come out! Just have something I need to–AAH!" – THUD!

A shadow appeared before me at the exit of the hallway, madly and readily reaching for my neck as he banged me against the wall, where no fire had erupted yet.

My eyes widened, and my phone had dropped from my hand at this.

As I gazed back in fear at none other than the clearly deranged, purely evil eyes of none other than Marcus Ellington Conway.

Who had one of the widest smile I've ever seen on him.

From ear to ear.

A maniacal laugh erupted from his chest at this, as he tightened his grip around me, and more fire spread across the hallway.

"HAH! IT'S BURNING!" He laughed as he screamed. "THIS FUCKING ELLINGTON EMPIRE IS BURNING!" He laughed louder.

He clenched even tighter over my arm, causing me to wince in pain. "This place that these fuckers had been showing off their big balls at me in – it's all FOOD FOR FIRE NOW!" And he laughed. More psychotic than I've ever seen him.

He remained at that for some long seconds.

While I just eyed him in daze.

"Now, back to business," he focused back on me, his psychotic expression growing darker, as sweat formed on his forehead under the effect of the fire. "I'm feeling very feisty at the moment."

And he pinned his body to mine at that, back and against the wall forcefully.

"Hey!" I snapped, shifting as I started pushing back against him. "The estate is on fire! We need to–HEY!"

He started grinding against me at this, and his hand came over Daisy's dress from below, lifting it up as he violently pushed a very particular part of his... anatomy against it.