Chapter 64/211: The Tyger

Among the chapters we enjoyed writing!

Please note that some material used in the chapter belongs to its original owner, who's also credited in the chapter. We won't expand further on this not to spoil anything. 

Comment for a chance to be this week's CWC, win a sneak peek and be featured on our Instagram page :) :)

~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•

I shuddered, my eyes widening.

As my breath stuck in my throat, and I eyed Rickard Ellington Conway in disbelief.

'I am aware you have been assigned by Marcus Ellington to poison me, Signorina Reinhart. If I were you, I would cut off the foolish act.' –His voice echoed through my senses.

I bit my lips, as I went silent, and eyed him back, my eyes regaining their size. I did not bother giving any effort to hide anything, as my blues simply mirrored that what he was saying was true.

And that it was not my intention –more like choice, to hide it.

I gulped, as I stood some steps away, and fidgeted in silent panic. Okay now what?!?!

The arrogant adam didn't miss a chance in getting me as uncomfortable as possible, as he kept his dominant eyes fixed into mine.

Slowly and casually, he reached for his coffee cup, taking a slow sip before placing it back.

Um, hello? If you just stated you knew I'm assigned to poison you, how the hell can you drink from something I prepared so casually?!?!

As though reading my thoughts, Rickard Ellington Conway coolly laid a hand beneath his cheek, his elbow on the pillow beneath him. "I also realize you will not do it." 

I blinked. "Huh?"

"Anyhow," His eyes shimmered with steel grey as they snapped for a split of a second to the tubes next to him. "Such a fact imposes more threat on you than it does on me. You will need to be prepared."

I eyed him in fear, as my eyes shook. What... was he pointing at...

His beauteously drugging and arrogantly dominant gaze fixed into me again, clearly realizing its effect. "Take the two tubes to the left. As a caretaker with a nursing background, I persume you know how to use them."

Shuddering, I gulped as my eyes widened. "What... are those?"

Good job, Char. Daisy did not overhear his conversation with Keira Lami Wright, and had no idea what was in the tubes.

"The one on the far left is nitrous oxide; it is a high functioning general anesthetic serum. The dosage is expected to give effect within thirty seconds to four minutes, depending on the physicality of the person." Rickard Ellington kept his gaze on the objects of discussion, and his look dimmed further. "The middle one is sevoflurane; also general, and is expected to work between one and three minutes after inhalation."

I gulped, my blood going cold. "I don't... understand. Are you pointing that..."

Giving me the anesthetics... Assuming I know how they work... As in expecting me to use them on someone...

He was pointing that I might get... attacked? Directly?

He flinched not, leaving his gaze to do all the work for him. "Marcus will not tolerate the idea that you have not taken action yet."

Fear surged through my eyes, and I unconsciously hugged myself to prevent shivering from persisting through my body.

Slowly, my action permitted my body to calm down, as some common sense kicked into me in return.