Chapter 19/166: Lords and Challenges

Read, enjoy, and please vote/comment :)
~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•

Sebastian Keith let out an amused, smooth chuckle, as he smirked, raising an eyebrow arrogantly in the president's direction.

"That was some junior level observation, hm?"

From before him, Mr. Ellington flinched not, and yet his gaze intensified, clearly having gotten how Sebastian was referencing his exact statement earlier. 

"Not really, though." Keith mused, keeping his wide smile at the president, "Even your vice-president seemed to have noticed that before you did." 

A clear blink escaped his majesty at that, and his harsh features remained harsh, yet this time, his lips were parted. "Huh?" 

Seeming to have understood that his words managed to capture the attention of his majesty, Sebastian Keith continued, "He invited her to a dance just when he saw me approach to invite her. I would've liked to think of it as a coincidence, had he not looked me straight in the eye before his interruption." He kept his smile at the president, and seeing Rickard Ellington not reciprocating, rather keeping his almost surprised expression, Sebastian arced a brow at him. "Wait, you really don't know."

Pride surged through the president's eyes, and I could see it there for a split second, yet he directly professionally concealed it. 

Oh my, those different angle cameras did really come into use. I bet the surveillance team here stalked the chairman's guests and all the events of the office in HD. What a luxury.

For a second, Rickard Ellington Conway, The Great, looked offended. Offended that he, the president who was never in the dark about anything regarding his employees, had missed such a point about me.

He hid it faster than anyone could ever notice. 

And yet apparently, Sebastian Keith was no anyone.

He kept his carefree smile, "Oh well, this said, then perhaps I should clarify a point we discussed earlier, and let it answer your inquiry." He shrugged, fixing his beauteous jades into the president's.

Mr. Ellington eyed him back silently, with a glare that could split the ocean in half from its intensity.

"You see, when I mentioned earlier that I am not as low as to stoop to cooperating with your father against you, I missed this tiny detail..." He spoke, and his smile disappeared, as his expression darkened, and his handsome orbs remained centered into my employer's conceited ones. 

"Assume I was a dick enough to consider cooperating with your father against you," Keith's voice evolved into another level of danger, and he looked dead serious, contrary to what he mirrors most of the time. And even more than serious, he looked dead-determined, as he voiced out:

"There's no way in a million years I'd ally with the murderer of Charlotte Thorne's father. Ever."

I shuddered and saw my employer's face, for the first time in the night, and since a long time ago, clearly display stun, as his eyes widened and his lips parted.

His eyes did not regain their size back directly, as the blue within them stormed with millions of unspoken words, and the sea waves went insane as they crashed against each other in his gaze.

He had clearly not seen that coming.

And neither did I.

A tear strolled down my cheek, as I sniffed softly.