Chapter 39/186: Once-in-a-Blue-Moon(s)

Is this the update that exceeds 1K comments? Well we think yes. Yes it is!

For this chapter, we HIGHLY recommend you download 'Shigatsu Wa Kimi no Osu OST 30' and put it on REPLAY - because that's how we wrote this chapter!!!

If you want, the point in the chapter where you should play on the music will be pointed out, as we'll include a '*music on*' signal for you, for those who want to enjoy their reading experience to the fullest. 

This chapter is literally among our favourites and we WANT it to receive all the appreciation it deserves! *Cries* 

Comment on every single line you like!!! Even if it's a lengthy chapter, this is how we are encouraged to post lengthier chapters in the future!!!!! +VOTE, VOTE A LOT!

~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~

I shuddered as his fingers went beneath the shirt, and were some centimeters away from my panties and that... area

Upon my shudder, the man before me seemed to stiffen slightly, as a blink escaped him. For a second, it was as though he didn't realize how his body was acting on its own. 

He took a step back, and moved into the room again, as I eyed him breathlessly. My heart was still beating fast like a psycho, and I could feel every inch of my thigh flushed under the effect of his touch.

His expression remained unfazed, as he headed to the left side of the room, to the corner where a long bar-like table was placed next to the couch and some feet away from the bed. 

I just eyed him in confusion silently. 

What... what was this weird last task he suddenly wanted of... me?

He reached the table with confident and strong steps. There, lied a white silky blanket that seemed to be hiding some object beneath it. The object seemed relatively huge. He removed the blanket, slowly yet eagerly from above what it was hiding. 

I gasped. This...

It was all brown, carved with delicate and exquisite classical curves and shapes. The sound horn was a golden hibiscus flower desiring sunrays and sol keys.

A gramophone.

A very vintage and aesthetic one...

Beside it, rested a range of round records and discs of different genres and covers. 

I couldn't help my flabbergasted expression, as I just gaped at the scene silently. 

Rickard Ellington Conway ran his steeped fingers on the discs, shuffling gently, carefully, and deliberately. And as though he possessed preplanned knowledge, he chose the disc he fancied, placing it on the turntable of the gramophone, as he set the graceful needle on it smoothly. And I suddenly found myself wishing it was my skin he was touching so... seductively, instead of that needle. 

No, I didn't just think that!

Seconds after that, a very soft classical and romantic music started playing.

*music on*

It was primarily dominated by piano yet also violin, and somehow subconsciously, I felt my nerves relaxing at the sound.

The president turned at that, as his handsome and devilish orbs rested on me. 

He utilized their magic in a rather strategic manner, as he intensified them, enough to enhance their beauty and depth. Additionally, he regulated the harshness and coldness they possessed in a way that preserved his pride and conceit, yet also did not... push me away.