Chapter 92/239: To See Him

Appreciate your votes and comments - keep us motivated! Comment on everything you like.

~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•

I moved with the first-aiders, who were carrying none other than an unconscious Rickard Ellington Conway on a moving patient bed.

Needless to say, adrenaline had now started subsiding from my system, and my injuries, alongside their effects, had started dawning upon my weakened figure.

After about ten minutes of running, we finally emerged from the estate's backdoor, where a firefighting team was still in action.

From between the tons of personnel, two familiar silhouettes approached me directly, and my chest soon warmed up with relief as I took a last few stumbles in their direction.

"Charlotte!" Scarlett's body engulfed mine, as she hugged me tightly, a slight yet evident shake present. "You idiot..." Her voice broke, "You fucking idiot!"

I let out a soft breath, hugging her back as I winced in slight pain. "Scarlett..."

She just hugged me tighter. "Fuck everything! I'm sorry for not being there, you..." She shook, straightening as she eyed my state before she hugged me again as she sobbed. "I... I thought I was going to lose you."

My heart tightened, and I winced as I tried hugging her back. "Don't be silly, I... I've survived fires before—"

"Shut up! This is not some room or normal building on fire!" she snapped. Do you know how long the firefighting team has been in action? The media is already surrounding the place! The entirety of London is talking about this!"

I gasped, a shudder crossing my body as my vision blurred further at this, and I shifted away from Scar, turning to shoot the estate one last look.

Seeing the Chairman's helicopter hover away from it.

Sebastian Keith neared me at this, patting my head gently. "What Scarlett is trying to say," He eyed the flames before us, his expression dark, "Is that this fire is on a different scale than any previous occurrences or incidents that have taken place in the Ellington scenery."

I gulped, my heartbeat rate picking up.

Standing as Daisy for the last time, I gazed in a complete, very overwhelmed daze...

At the sight of the Ellington Estate in Surrey...

As it burned down to the grounds.

"I can't believe the Chairman went to such lengths to get rid of me," I whispered, my voice low, clearly exhausted and overwhelmed.

From beside me, the lord clenched his jaw. "You fooled the entirety of the estate for two months." He murmured, "I believe he did his check on you with Oblonsky after the Christmas dinner and the incident with Van Darco."

I hugged my shaking figure at this, and different places in pain fogged my consciousness.

That makes the most sense.

"He knew I probably amassed a lot of information," I murmured to myself, recapping the amount of findings I've come across in the past two months.

"Aye." Sebastian sighed, "To him, it's worth burning down the estate with all the secrets in it and you, a threatening secret holder."

I couldn't answer anything to that, as my head thumped, and my vision started blanking out almost totally as my body started succumbing to its injuries and massive fatigue.