Chapter 55/202: Even

IMPORTANT: You won't UNDERSTAND this chapter unless you've read the special chapter 'Parental Mementos' found in our Charlotte's Story Special Materials book! GO. CHECK. IT. Before reading this if you haven't! Because we wrote SO many things in this while taking it for granted that you checked that update! If you haven't, it's on you :)

Also, please vote, it takes a second! P.S. comment for a chance to be this week's CWC! 

AND don't forget to check out our edits competition on Instagram! Today is the last day and you will have a chance to be featured on our page (possibly join our editing team!)

All the announcements made yesterday in the live stream can be found in the author's note at the end of this chapter!

This chapter is literally a piece of our HEARTS, give it so much love and appreciation!!!

~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~

Lord Sebastian Evan Keith stepped into the room. His smooth, arrogant, and seductive gaze flashed over me and then in the direction of Mr. Ellington.

I gulped, noting that he clearly did not recognize me.

Carefully, I made way for him in a daze, shifting my gaze between him and my employer.

Yikes!

Mr. Ellington had his cold, numb gaze still fixed over the vast lands outside his window. He had his cigarette placed over the ashtray, and it was eating itself up as it fell into ashes.

His lordship shifted in my direction at this, quickly moving his gaze over me as it landed on my name tag over my chest.

Keeping his charming, unfazed smile, his eyes playfully fixed into my blue ones. "Miss Daisy, hm?" He mouthed, stepping in the direction of my employer, his broad back facing me at this. "I am an old acquaintance of Rickard. Don't worry, I just wish for some private time with him."

I blinked, and shot the president a quick glance, as I nodded like an obedient maid should.

Stepping outside the room, I shut the door behind me.

As I sighed.

Then muffled a triumphant giggle.

Pacing silently, I entered my room from its other door, then very carefully and silently, opened the door connecting it to the mini corridor.

Leading to that other room.

Hehe, I bet his lordship did not know that Daisy had a way of hearing out the convo.

Seriously, Char? Why would you eavesdrop?! That's such a bad habit you have there, idiot!

I flushed softly. Hey! I... I'm just curious, especially knowing the mechanism of those two's relationship, eh!!

I sighed silently, nearing his majesty's door.

Much to my delight, I had left the door slightly opened earlier, considering it's connected to a corridor that technically lead to a bathroom, and so it didn't need to be closed firmly.

And it came perfectly in handy now.

Especially considering neither the lords would expect this.

Making sure I was at an angle neither of them could see me, I eyed the scene carefully.

Sebastian neared Mr. Ellington's bed slowly, as he lit on one of his cigarettes, and flashed his smooth gaze at the room around him. "My, this place has not changed one bit in ten years, eh?"