Chapter 71/218: Ellington(s) into the Underground

Late but better than never, right?!

It's 3am here but we didn't wanna sleep without keeping our promise to you!

Enjoy + Comment for a chance to be this week's CWC, win a sneak peek and be featured on our Instagram page :) :) (TWO CWCs will be chosen for this week: one for Chapter 70 and another for 71!)

Buckle up! This chapter is nerve-wrecking!

Trigger warning for some violent scenes.

~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•

I gulped, getting into my Daisy room in a daze.

'You have ten minutes to change, Signorina Reinhart. We're heading to Tottenham.'

Tottenham?

Mr. Ellington was heading to Tottenham?

Could it be he knew about Van Darco's visit?

I shuddered as I roamed between the clothes in my bag.

According to R.E.C., a maid attire would attract too much attention in such a place as Tottenham.

I bit my lips, tightening my corset as I attired a baggy t-shirt above as well as a pair of leggings.

I sighed, eyeing the pair of sneakers some steps away as I remembered Freddie's warning about this, given my original height.

Frowning, I grabbed the pair and put them on.

I could never promise anything when it's about Tottenham. I might have to run or fight. Heels were so inconvenient.

I let out an uneasy breath. I really hope things pass smoothly.

Because the last thing I needed at such a time was a fight in Daisy's mask and hair.

Heading back to R.E.C.'s room, I flinched not as he took me in, from head to toe, his orbs darkening as they fixed on multiple stops in my anatomy.

Wordlessly then, he shifted to open the drawer next to his bed. Pulling out a mini revolver from the drawer, he checked if it contained a gear, then threw it in my direction.

I barely caught up at the last moment. "Huh?"

"We are not going to a stroll in the park." He started walking towards the door at this. "Hide that well and hurry."

In no time, we'd exited the estate and headed to the car parking.

Ascending into one of the GMC jeeps driven by Albert, R.E.C.'s driver, we took off.

.

.

.
The ride was overall silent, with a word or two escaping Mr. Ellington whenever he received a call.

I was silent as well, considering panic was eating me alive as I waited.

Meeting Van Darco...

The man who lured my father into a trap to sell me.

I wonder what he's like.

An hour or so later, nausea had not crept into my senses on its own, as the disgusting smell of the underground of Tottenham started sneaking into my senses, and flashbacks from my encounters here prior to that final battle shot to my mind. Dammit.

Similar to the first time we'd ever come here, the vehicle stopped at the entry of the dark alleys, clearly incapable of advancing any further and relying on walking mobility from now on.