Chapter 33/180: Grenades, Lots of Grenades

Enjoy this tense chapter, and support, support, support!!!

~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•

A hand extended from before me. 

It casually took the glass of wine which Sean Jordan was handing me.

The hand was huge. And it had two rings with different gemstones on the index and the middle finger.

I gasped as I recognized the owner, directing my gaze into his direction.

Sebastian Evan Keith stood next to Sean Jordan and I, like a priest during wedding vows. 

He had his casual, unaffected smile perfectly worn on, and I could tell how different it was from his genuine ones.

It was too perfect and too plastic to be true, as he fixed the businessman before us. "Ah, Jordan, long time no see." 

From before him, Jordan gulped, yet smiled back, his eyes glinting... not in a kind way. "Indeed partner, no?" 

The Keith lord flinched not, as he kept his smile, and stepped towards me while fixing Jordan, "It seems to me you have met Miss Thorne here?" 

I frowned, blinking. Hah? Miss Thorne? 

"Aye," Sean Jordan smirked, "Was just about to share with her some school memories!" He fixed his orbs into Sebastian's.

My frown remained, as I noticed how thick the tension in the air was.

Somehow, it resembled that present between Sebastian and Mr. Ellington, yet it was also different.

Maybe because both R.E.C.'s and Keith's auras were frightening when they were around each other, and the tension was dangerous with spite

Yet between Sean and Sebastian, it was more that of the former clearly having a on the latter, while the latter realized that and just made the aura heavier.

I bit my lips, as the lord took a sip from his wine, "Oh my, I'd be delighted to hear what you have to reminisce with you on the old school days." He shifted at that, placing a cigarette between his full lips then lighting it up.

As high key casually, low key disrespectfully, as possible, he blew the smoke in Jordan's direction, while keeping his smile. "Please do not hold back whatever you were about to share." His jades glowed dangerously.

Jordan stiffened, coughing slightly at the smoke. 

Turning towards Sebastian again, I saw it at that. 

The thing glinting in his orbs.

Threat.

He was clearly warning Sean Jordan about what he had to share with me.

I frowned. Hey, what was he hiding too?! "Uhm, you were about to tell me about the feud story between Mr. Ellington and his lordship, Mr. Jordan." I voiced, making it clear that this was the story I was interested in.

The lord gypsy stiffened at that, yet he kept his unfazed look. I could tell though, that he was taken aback by how insistent I was about knowing the story.

A slight chuckle from Sean Jordan's direction came, and I turned towards him at that, only to find his hazel greens glinting in my direction.

My stomach churned with discomfort. Shit

He was a pro-observer, and my insistence just now had given him an insight of how interested I was in knowing the story.  

Meaning he knew he could manipulate that.