Chapter 18/165: Keith Under Surveillance

Please vote and comment! And enjoy an intense chappie ;))))
~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~

"Charlotte?" 

It was almost involuntarily. Thoughtless. 

And it had escaped Sebastian Keith the second my sister's face flashed before him in the dim light of the room.

From before him, Scarlett Thorne had an expression that reflected a mixture of emotions between bewilderness, yet at the same time danger. 

She looked like she was ready to charge at the man, to erase him off of existence in order to continue doing whatever she was doing. 

And yet it was not to be denied that she also looked scared...

She was smart enough to know that whoever this stranger was, he looked fancy enough to be among the people who, if he gave her away, would send her to her fate.

Scarlett gulped upon hearing my name, and she blinked.

Even I flushed at that... He... What would bring me to his mind in such a split of a second for him to blurt out my name...

My sister's expression slowly started changing. And apparently, it sank in to her at that, that the person who just caught her stealing documents from a very-important looking office, knew me, her little sister. And he knew me by first-name basis. Meaning he was rather close to me.

Well, I can't really deny that.

And him being close to me reflected one thing to her, as she knew me enough to know the following: he was no harm. 

Slight, almost imperceptible relief washed over my sister's face, as she eyed Sebastian Keith haughtily, and arced a brow at him, "Who the fuck are you?" She spat. 

I gasped. Goodness, Scarlett!

From the screen before Alba and I, I saw Sebastian Keith's facial expression mirror pure stun as he shifted, realizing he had most definitely not gotten the right Charlotte.

It took him a few seconds before his expression started going back to normal, and slowly, his peaceful looks came back, as a smooth, and carefree smile crossed his lips. 

Fixing Scarlett with his enchanting deep jades, Keith let out a short throaty chuckle, "That's quite an attitude, for a maid-dressed thief at the office of Trevor Ellington Conway.

I froze in my spot, and Alba gulped.

Good lord in the heavens...

WHAT THE ACTUAL HECK, SCAR?! 

Didn't you find any other goddamned office to steal from?!

The Chairman's??!!

From before Sebastian, Scarlett seemed unfazed, "Yeah, y'see my bitchy attitude doesn't really vary according to locations." 

Another chuckle escaped Sebastian, and my sister, realizing her theft had been interrupted, started moving towards the door. 

As she approached the young lord, she slowed down her pace, to notice his heated intense jade gaze fixed on her.

He was not flinching. 

And he made it super clear that passing by him was not going to be as easy as she thought it would be.

Goodness, what... what's he gonna do...

Will he report her?! 

Please no!!