Chapter 3/150: Grieving Souls

Please check out the extra long A/N by the end of the chapter. P.S. read+enjoy!!
~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••

"Congratulations on your discharge, Miss Charlotte! You should be able to move your hand well again in a minimum of three month!"

I nodded gently at the sweet doctor before me, as she directed her smile at my best friend Katherine Martins, and my half-sister Scarlett Thorne.

They both nodded, and Katherine gave her a small smile, "Thank you for your efforts, Doctor, we shall keep in contact!"

And we headed towards the exit of the room.

It has been two weeks since the events in Tottenham, and here I am, finally exiting the hospital after days of psychological and physical pain.

Thankfully to some extent, it turned out that I had lost a relatively huge amount of blood, causing me to faint back at the battle, however, the bullet did not hit an extremely vital point, which decreased the time for my complete healing.

We exited the hospital, and headed into Katy's red Mercedes, as she drove off.

The ride was general silent, until Scarlett decided to break the silence.

"I finished packing up, and I'll be going back tonight." She announced, coldly.

I licked my lips, and sighed, tiredly, as I eyed her from the back seat, "Are you sure about your decision? I mean, the mafia might be after us."

She arced her head in my direction, and her puffy eyes ached my heart. "I don't think they'll be taking any move anymore, they lost a large number if men against Rickard Ellington. Plus, his father must be taking a break now from targeting you, knowing the extents his son has taken to protect you."

I swallowed back my tears, and my eyes hurt so much. The pain of my father's depart was still brand new, and I have achieved an average of a crying session every hour or two.

"And what about the Please and Pleasure mafia? Are you sure they're willing to take you in again?" I questioned, my voice shaking.

Her eyes mirrored pain, and yet she kept her stern gaze in my direction.

"I need to gather more information about the whereabouts of Trevor Ellington and the murderers of our father, Charlotte. And for that I'm willing to re-join the mafioso and work for them again." She spat.

I gulped, "You'll go back to prostitution?"

She shrugged, turning away as I saw her orbs mirror some wetness. "I never really stopped that, to begin with."

A tear spilled down my face, "Scarlett, I know you don't want this, plea—"

"I already took my decision, Charlotte." Her voice shook as she cut me off, "I... I will try my best to stay in contact with you, I promise I'll come back as soon as I can." She prevented a sob, but I caught it hiding, "But... For now, I, too, need a break."

I went silent, and nodded, tears making their way down my face as I looked at the scenes change with the moving vehicle.

Some more silent moments passed, before Katy breaking the silence this time.

"And you, Cherry? To our apartment?"

I parted my lips, and took a deep breath.

I have thought this over several times, to be honest, in the past days.

And took my decision.

I shook my head.

"No, home, Katy."