Chapter 23/170: Zimmermann Hunting

Read, enjoy, & vote!
~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•

Had my employer been some cartoon character, a couple of veins would have popped up his forehead by now.

His gaze froze, and with veins popping from his left hand, he raised the phone up to his left ear again. I eyed his expression.

Yikes.

His gaze was freezing, and his jaw was clenched. 

As the line finally reached the caller, President Zimmermann's voice echoed again. "Ah, President Ellington, I do not expect you have found me already. No?" Heavy German-laced English could clearly be heard, and I eyed as my employer's hand clenched over the phone on his ear.

"I am not here to play games, President Zimmermann." His voice froze, threateningly, "I have a scheduled meeting I was appointed by your secretary." 

An old, throaty laugh erupted from the German president."Now listen here, Ellington Gör." The laughter was gone by now, and the old man's voice came, dead serious. "I have come across both your father and your grandfather, and have evaluated them both whether they are worthy of my support." 

**Gör: brat**

I gasped. Evaluated? What is this he was talking about? An exam?

"I am not in need of you and neither are my enterprises." He spoke, his voice growing thinner, "Oh but your startup certainly is in need of me. Finding me is how I will find out whether I want to help you or not." He snarled. "Roam around the streets of Berlin, and you will find hints to lead you to me."

Mr. Ellington's slightly widened at that, as he narrowed them just after that, as though he's focusing...

He put the call on speaker at that, nearing it further to his ear. 

I focused with him, was the Zimmerman Chairman's voice this hard to hear?

"Though I do not promise to accept to aid you even if found me." He let out a sadistic laugh, "Your father found me in two hours using his search engines and spy dogs, which is the fastest anyone has ever found me." He narrated, and I gulped as I heard a distant sound at that... 

My eyes widened, realizing what Mr. Ellington probably was focusing on.

In the background of the Chairman's voice was a faint, distant voice that could be heard.

This... Adhan!!! 

I eyed as Rickard Ellington's bright ocean orbs glimmered with recognition at that, as though he'd registered the sound as well -meaning he'd caught the beginning of our search thread.

Wherever this Zimmermann Chairman was speaking from... He had a mosque very near to him!

President Zimmermann's voice snapped both our attention to the call at that, "Oh but do you know what was faster than your father finding me, president?" He teased, amused, "Me rejecting his proposal to help him!" He laughed loudly, coughing in the process as though he were a heavy smoker. 

Mr. Ellington's expression darkened, and I could tell he understood what the Zimmermann Chairman was pointing at. 

"Finding me through my ways is part of the process. I do not want you showing off your search engines on me, spoiled brats." His thick accent came, "Now, I believe I have given you enough hints already, Gör. I shall be waiting." 

And the line went off.

A few seconds passed, and I eyed as my employer clenched over his right wristwatch.