Chapter 38/185: Secrets Behind Lovers

Vote, support, and comment on every single line you like to support this LONG AWAITED chapter!

~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•

The moment I twisted the door knob and started to pull it open, a hand came against the door and before me.

It slammed it back and shut with a loud bang.

I gulped, but turned not towards the source.

"What... do you think you're doing?" His voice came as a cold threatening hiss from behind me.

"I... I sent Katy a message to come and get me. I'm going to wait for her." I managed, my voice slightly shaking.

It did not escape me that the Adam's body was directly behind me, and yet, he was careful enough not to initiate any contact with me.

Instead, I could just feel his body heat, burning my skin painfully.

I felt his stare at me, and my skin unconsciously flushed beneath the intensity his drugging orbs had.

I shifted uncomfortably, reaching out for the door knob again, "So if you'll please excuse m-"

"Katerina is on a weekend travel with Leonard in Santorini, Greece. She is not even in the country to come and get you." He mouthed slowly, his voice deepening in arrogance and conceit.

Wow, Kat. So communicative with me eh?

I clenched my jaw, yet still turned not.I attempted twisting the door knob and pulling, to no futile, as the door didn't budge under his strength. "Alright, I'll take a cab then. Thank you for your concern."

From before me on the door, the hard and steeped fingers of the hand slightly twitched.

"Fair. I expect you to return my shirt before departing then." His voice came dead serious and calm.

My eyes widened. What the... where did this come from now? Seriously...?

I bit my lips, clenching my fist around the knob.

What a low card to play... he knew that, had he demanded that in case Katy was coming, I would have easily complied as she could get my clothes with her.

But... if I'm opting for a cab...

I can't go on board in just my bra and panties, last time I checked.

I moved my jaw, biting my lip so hard, as a memory shot to my mind upon thinking of being in my bra and panties.

A shudder crossed my body, as the image of Rickard Ellington Conway, half-naked and feverish, and myself in my underwear, under a cold shower in Berlin, shot to my mind.

My heart sank.

That was where we had agreed to trust each other.

That was where I thought we were both demanding... trust from one another.

Yet apparently, I was the only one asking for something... emotional.

Numbness overtook my heart again, as it reflected in my expression.

I let go of the door knob as I gulped, gathering my strength.

And I turned towards him.

Fixing my orbs into his storming dangerous ocean beads attempting to devour me, I reached for the buttons of the shirt I was wearing.

And I began undoing them.

One by one, it took me around thirty seconds.

Before I slid the shirt off of my shoulders.