Chapter 41/188: The Actual Shareholder

Vote + Comment for a chance to be this week's CWC and win an EXCLUSIVE sneak peek & feature on our Instagram page!

Also, join the cupcakes army group on discord by contacting @Bibi-Noorree for the group link! 

~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•

"Please don't do that again!" Alba hissed, as we took our places at my employer's private jet to Spain. "I have no idea if Señor Ellington knows you were with Lord Keith or not. And so if he asks us a trick question now, it's problematic to lie, in case he knows, and it's problematic to be honest, in case he doesn't! I was already scolded for the last time I let you head with him to the ball, Señorita!" She sighed. 

I bit my lips as I fidgeted, "I'm sorry." 

We both sighed, as I eyed his majesty Ellington some feet away at his work table. Legit, who works on a plane?! I'm dizzy even though it's too luxurious! How can he focus?! 

I approached him, noticing how his orbs raked over me for a split of a second before snapping back to his laptop. 

He had his anti-light glasses on, emphasizing his haughty and unflinching expression. His beauteous features were as evident as ever; the sculpted jawline and cheekbones, the full lips, and those thick symmetric eyebrows along with his long lashes. Atop of all those, two deep and mesmerizing pools of ocean blue, glinting with that evident intelligence and analysis he had. 

I took a seat next to him casually, and felt him stiffen slightly, without minding me much. 

Gently and careful not to bother him, I wrapped my hands around his thick, huge bicep from under his tight suit, as I leaned wordlessly against his shoulder. 

Again, he stiffened but reacted not, as he continued working without even glancing at me. Why, you ice cube!

Slowly, his warmth started seeping into my senses, and I relaxed. 

Woah, now that I thought of it, we haven't had some... time for us since that day two weeks ago, after Carolina's incident. 

He had been really busy, and I could tell from how early he came to the office and from how late the documented emails he sent me daily were that he was sleeping very little and working non stop. 

I wasn't commenting on any of it, and yet I knew that it was all primarily driven...

By how endangered he felt we were. 

I sniffed his intoxicating drugging smell, as I rubbed my cheek at his huge muscles, eyeing the screen of his laptop dazedly. "What are you doing?" -I couldn't care less what he was doing in fact, I just wanted to... feel his attention with me. 

Oh but I was mistaken if I thought such a demand for attention would slip as casually when issued at R.E.C.

"Fishing." He mumbled nonchalantly.

I blinked for some seconds, truthfully pondering what he'd just answered in an unmoved freezing tone. 

Only when a spec of amusement glinted in his beauteous orbs, did I realize he was actually teasing me. The devil! 

I straightened flushing, "Y-You're such  tease!" I accused. 

He flinched not, as he continued working, yet that spec of amusement remained in his eyes. "Hm, am I?" 

I pouted, as I eyed how focused he was on working. 

My heart warmed at this, as I decided to really focus with him. "So tell me more about the shareholder." I mumbled.