Chapter 2/149: Six Months Promise

Sorry for a late update, emergency happened and things were out of our hands!
~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

"I had a clear chance to shoot your father's murderer, seconds before he shot."

His voice came, composed, deep, and yet, completely hesitant, snapping my attention towards him.

My expression remained empty, as I slightly arced my head in his direction, wordlessly.

"The load of my gun was full," He muttered, "I was not the target of the shooter, and I was free to move without a single wound."

I gazed into him. Into those composed orbs reflecting a mixture of semi-emotions I couldn't grasp. And yet, his orbs were a lot calmer now.

I recalled his look when he shot my father's shooter.

I shuddered.

He had looked pure inhumane.

And yet, I knew it was his reaction to my state.

It was the beast of his father awakened within him because of the shooter's aiming at... me.

His jaw moved, and he intensified his look slightly.

"And yet, at that particular moment, my mind could not collect its thoughts together as to give a command to aim and shoot." He admitted, his voice as cold and yet... explanatory somehow, "A single thought took over my entire calculations, to be frank."

I kept on looking in his direction, as I couldn't even muster an interested gaze.

"And that was you bleeding any further because of another shot."

I shuddered, and a breath escaped me, yet I couldn't form an expression.

"Y-You..." I barely murmured, my lips dry.

He didn't mind me, as he reached for his wristwatch over his right hand. "The thought was... blinding. It was pure insanity, and yet it managed to shake my decisions." He muttered, fatally and dangerously.

"As he prepared to shoot, I..." He paused, but then clenched his jaw and continued, "I was blinded by the idea of moving you away. Preventing any other wound infliction upon you."

Another breath escaped me, and my voice came, emotionless, "That's rather surprising, considering you always do a cost-benefit analysis."

He gave me a look. One signaling I should have understood exactly what he was pointing at.

"I thought we had an agreement." He turned away, "Your safety certainly came first according to that."

My shoulder ached, and my heart did too, as I eyed the grave before me.

"But the agreement included my father as well." I mumbled, my lips dry, my voice cold.

He shifted, coolly, keeping his beauteous gaze at the cemetery. "I must say, I had not expected of him to take such a step." He murmured, "So when he actually did, it took me by rather an almost stun."

I swallowed, "I hadn't expected that of him, either." My voice came, low, raising my right hand before me, as I eyed it, recalling his blood soaking my body, "I recall how his silhouette jumped before me seconds before..." My voice disappeared before I could continue, and yet no tears came down and no expression appeared, as my heart tugged, hard.

Three shots echoed at the back of my head, and I shuddered glancing at Scarlett, who now sat in silence, not even sparing us a glance. "I recall his body shuddering thrice with every shot, blood splattering back against my face from the intensity of the shots..." I murmured, my voice empty, as I felt darkness invade me.