Chapter 78/225: Daisy's Last Destination

A chapter you'll LOVE - show it the love it deserves, appreciate your votes and comments!

~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•

'Too late. Too fucking late.'

Abel Daniels shut the line following this statement.

As none other than President Rickard Ellington Conway took a step in our direction at this.

My vision was becoming worse under the effect of both the drugs and my tears, as my body was getting heavier with every passing second.

From under my head, the muscles of Abel Daniels popped in clear clench, and his voice rippled through his chest as he spat, low. "President Ellington, I hope you're having a good evening."

The man before us took his time tp respond, and amid all the blurr I was in, all I could see was a pair of grey steels clearly piercing in our direction, as he reached out for his wristwatch on his right hand, "President Daniels."

Abel moved his jaw at this, "I take it you are having a good evening." He shifted us forward, "If you'll excuse me, I have to help Miss Daisy here to a restroom. She seems to be unwell."

Oh but our shift was soon put to halt.

As a voice came - low, deep and deadly.

"How considerate. You seem to always be around my people when they're in need, President Daniels. I need to start considering a reward for you on that."

U-Uhm?

Abel's eyes, for a second, widened, and his jaw twitched with clear, evident anger and offense.

He let out a slow breath, bringing back his casual wolven gaze. "No need, President Ellington. Although the thought is appreciated, I would hardly say I've done it intentionally as much as..."

He paused, tightening his grip around me as he raised his chin in clear and proud... challenge?

"You've been giving me opportunities to be there for your people in times of need on plates of silver."

My eyes widened, amid all the fuzziness in my brain.

"For you are, and of course understandably given you're a man of a very tight schedule, often too busy for them."

For this statement....

This very particular statement....

Was no ordinary one.

And, upon shifting my gaze in his majesty's direction.

I knew I was goddamn right.

A pair of powerful eyes zeroed at Abel Daniels upon his statement, as Rickard Ellington Conway, in an act that might be labelled as extraordinarily rare...

Had clearly allowed the deep grey in his eyes and the maddening ocean turning into a tsunami...

To reflect something resembling clear fury.

Clear ruthless fury.

He kept his grip on his wristwatch. Tight.

"I believe there must be some sort misunderstanding here, President Daniels." He retorted like it were the most composed conversation on earth and he wasn't going to break off his watch if he tightened on it any further. "For I am not a man that offers what's mine, let alone on plates of silver."