Chapter 57/204: Indecent Offer

Chapter 57 for you!

An INTENSE chapter! 

Give it ALL the interaction it deserves! We personally LOVE it :) :) 

Comment for a chance to be this week's CWC & vote to support!

~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~

I gulped, my eyes taking in the confident smile Presica Murray had as she awaited me to open the door for her brother and her.

Who were basically Mr. Ellington's step-siblings.

I gulped, remembering Evelyn's earlier words about his majesty's step brother.

'I highly doubt you'd ever come across him, judging by the fact that you are with Master Rickard. Those two are not exactly on best terms since forever, from what I hear.'

I chewed my inner cheek, eyeing her in confusion.

From before me, the woman arced her head in my direction, and from beside her, I could hear the loud tapping of her brother's foot, as he ran out of patience.

"Well, did I get you wrong?" Her smile faltered at this, "Are you not Rickard's maid? From what I read on your name tag, you are Daisy, as Mama mentioned."

"Uh, no. You... You got me right." I stopped before them, as I fidgeted, looking at the closed door in worry. "I just..."

And that was it.

From beside Presica, the foot taps stopped.

And the tall, slim height of Marcus Murray towered me, as he stepped in my direction.

He had a small whiskey bottle, like a mini water bottle, and he took a small gulp of it.

As his green hazel eyes glimmered in my direction, and his shaved jaw tightened.

I shuddered, yet stood my ground, as he respected no such thing as my personal space, and his dreadlocks wiggled upon his movement.

Narrowing his eyebrows, the piercing up there intensified his clear fury, as he tapped roughly on the door.

"So are we coming in little one, or do we need a letter from the queen?" He spat, disgust and anger clearly lacing his voice. His whiskey-afterbreath registered to me, and I attempted to step back at this.

My, the apple really doesn't fall far from the tree in this family.

His hand came up, roughly gripping my shoulder at this, as he fixed me in place, and his eyes darkened at me.

From beside us, his sister shifted in our direction, her expression troubled in slight fury. "M-Marcus! What the hell?! Leave the woman!"

I tightened my jaw, eyeing him in fear yet also... determination.

Because Daisy was not Charlotte.

And when I say Daisy, I do not mean the name.

But the post-rooftop encounter Charlotte.

"Excuse me, Young Master Murray," I fixed my shaky yet determined gaze into his, as I hardened it. "I cannot allow you in without asking Master Ellington."

The hand on my shoulder clenched slightly at this, as the eyes of Marcus Murray flashed with further fury.

"Ellington." He stressed, correcting me. "My mother made sure I am registered as an Ellington after her marriage." His eyes darkened at this, as his jaw locked.