Chapter 68/215: The Raven Beauty; Between the Lion Den(s)

Enjoy + Comment for a chance to be this week's CWC, win a sneak peek and be featured on our Instagram page :) :)

Buckle up for the emotional ride!

So do you wanna SEE what we imagine Reina Collins like? CHECK THE SURPRISE ANNOUNCEMENT IN THE A/N at the end!

~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•

I carefully knocked on the door of Rickard Ellington Conway.

Before I opened it slightly.

"A guest is here to see you, sir." I barely managed as my legs shook.

From his place on the bed, the handsome adam was smoking his morning cigarette while gazing outside his wide window.

He was still in his shirtless usual form, bandages wrapped around his torso, and he kept on looking outside in a clear sign of disinterest at whoever the guest might be.

Oh but I bet that won't last for long.

The woman next to me stepped into the room at this.

"Rickard."

An undeniable shudder crossed Rickard Ellington's body at the voice.

And he carefully arced his head in the direction of none other than Reina Collins, who'd just stepped into the room.

The woman in question gulped, fidgeting under his cold unflinching gaze which made no effort to hide its distaste of her presence at his door.

Her longing eyes roamed over him as they teared up, and their deep brown glimmered as she eyed his wounded state.

"I... know I'm probably the last person you wish to see." She whispered, her voice shaking under his concentrated gaze. "And I know I'm... unwelcomed here by every single soul in the estate."

My heart ached, and Reina lifted her chin up at this, fixing her eyes determinedly into Mr. Ellington's, as beauteous yet heartwrenching tragedy shook in them.

"But I still wanted to see you, even if for a very short time."

My heart sank, and a dark feeling stirred within.

Dammit! What was this... clenching in my heart?!

His majesty Ellington seemed unfazed by her revelation, as he kept her eyes captive in his, as though testing on whether she'll back off.

She didn't.

With all the shaking and restlessness of her body and expression...

Reina Collins lowered her pleading gaze not.

I bit my lips, at an utter loss of words.

"Please," The raven beauty's voice came in a whisper as she kept her eyes fixed into Mr. Ellington's. "May I come in for some minutes?"

The president flinched not, yet it didn't escape me that he, quickly and almost unnoticeably, snapped his frozen gaze to Reina's shaking body language and anxious hand motion, before snapping it away and towards the window in disinterest.

He then slowly, and with the most unshook and dangerous tone anyone can think of, decided to issue an order of his:

"Do as you please."

My eyes widened slightly, but I directly maintained my poker face, and the woman beside me seemed in a similar state of stun. "Huh?"

Seeming to have enough knowledge of the titan at the bed and the fact that he does not repeat himself to anyone, the Collins beauty shook her own self out of stun, as she stepped in.