Chapter 79/226: Winner and Loser

Another chapter you'll LOVE - show it the love it DESERVES, appreciate your votes and comments!

Suggested soundtrack (doubt you'll get why but well it inspired our author):

~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•

I can hardly recall any incidents in my life where I had no thoughts.

There were times I had no words to say about something.

Times I could not react to something.

Times I could not act about something.

Times I could not express something I was feeling.

But never, in my entire life, for as far as I could remember...

Did I not have the mental capacity to have any thoughts about something I was experiencing or witnessing or hearing or whatever.

Whether it was emotions, analysis, a certain reaction... Rage, sadness, happiness, misery, intrigue, excitment, you name it.

I always had a certain input or train of thoughts going on in my mind.

And yet in this moment.

In this very moment where I sat in the bed of Rickard Ellington Conway in his bedroom in the Ellington estate...

As Charlotte Thorne....

I had utterly no thoughts running in my head as to what was going on.

Or what I was supposed to feel or react or act or whatever.

I was in another level of shock.

And so I just gaped at him.

With wide and shaking eyes, a trembling figure under what was probably his linen shirt, as well as a mouth opening and closing slightly as I tried to mutter a single syllable out.

All to no avail.

He moved.

In the direction of the bed.

I remained shaking, as I just followed him with my gaze.

And in a matter of seconds, his large and muscular figure stood next to the bed, while he still devoured me with his unfathomable, infuriatingly captive gaze.

Slowly, carefully, the man before me took a place facing me on the bed as it creeked slightly under the shift of his weight.

I kept my eyes fixed to his.

While having absolutely no idea what he was going to say or do.

What's the first thing he'll say?

What's the first thing he'll ask me about?

How I got here?

Who am I working with?

Who my allies are?

If I'm nuts?

Or... will he not ask me anything?

But simply... lecture the living daylight out of me on how reckless my behavior was?

Or maybe mention how... unwanted I was in this situation and moment?