Chapter 24/171: Secrets Under the Stars

So here are a few ESSENTIAL A/N to read before advancing:

1. All the historical facts that are going to mentioned in this chapter are correct and valid.

2. The Berlin wall destruction which occurred in 1989 is considered a symbol of peace, integrity, and humanity across the world, as it ended the separation of East and West Germany which was going on back then.

3. Pictures of the different locations/places mentioned in this chapter are attached for you to better visualize everything **wink, wink***

4. This chapter means A LOT to us, from its humanitarian aspect, to its romance aspect. And we will be really disappointed and discouraged if it didn't get the appreciation it deserves. PLEASE COMMENT ON EVERY LINE YOU LIKE :) :) :)

5. The Edit of this chapter (a very nice one lol) can be found on our Instagram because Wattpad wouldn't let us attach two pics!

Other than that, enjoy + vote!!

~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•

"From the look on your woman's face, I get you were not expecting to see me, huh?" Now this sentence coming from the German Chairman had several layers, you see.

First of all, he was clear enough as to point at the fact that my employer had no expression, and that he relied on mine.

And second of all, based on this logic, I am the 'your woman' he was pointing at. Oh wow.

I flushed softly, and my employer shifted slightly, reaching out for his right wristwatch. "Fair observation, Chairman. To what do we owe this early revelation?" My employer spoke, a ton of ice per every word he muttered with that deep voice, not to mention the other milligram sparkled of sarcasm.

Wait... aren't you going to correct him about the your woman?

In answer to his majesty's inquiry, the old man gestured at us to follow him.

I would not like to delve into details at how displeased his almighty Ellington seemed by the gesture, and yet he was at a masters level of masking whatever thoughts he had on mind, as he moved behind the old man. The only thing that gave him away was that darkened gaze.

Silent minutes passed, as we followed the Zimmermann president, and the color of the sky slowly fell into darkness.

A long black limousine awaited us after some minutes, and we ascended behind him into it.

.

.

.

Ten minutes later, the car parked, and we descended.

The old man chuckled roughly, "I had planned to make you walk this distance, but oh well I cannot walk it myself so..."

Neither the president nor I commented, as we both eyed the scene before us.

The color of the sky had changed to crimson orange by now, and the setting sun struggled to keep the light over the sky of Berlin as long as possible.

Before us directly, a long series of concrete walls stood, with different graffiti and street art filling them. A set of iron bars also caged the walls from either sides. Looking to the left, I saw a huge brick made book-case. It was the same height of the walls, and eyeing it more carefully, I saw it had pictures in black and white in every cell of the shelves.

The old president approached the book-case and I noticed he had a white rose between his hand.

I blinked, and we followed him.