Chapter 85/232: Who are you?

Appreciate your votes and comments - keep us motivated!

Soundtrack:

~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•

I tapped my fingers impatiently as I eyed my phone on the bed next to me in Daisy's bedroom, as I frowned.

It has been thirty minutes since Keira Lami Wright made her grande entrance, naturally requesting a private conversation with REC.

After having my cover blown up, I sadly no longer had access to my spying camera, and thus had no way of knowing what was going on in the other room.

Thus here I was, patiently waiting a signal from his Majesty that the air was clear for me to enter the room again.

I bit my lips, recalling Keira Lami's latest comment.

'Aside from the fact that you probably reopened your wound because of your stupid encounter with your father...'

I shuddered, hugging myself worriedly. What does she mean he reopened his wound?!

And if that were true, how was he so chill about it?

We were coexisting for like three hours, why didn't he... say anything?!

I finally let out a frustrated sigh, standing up and heading his room's way.

"I told you!" Keira Lami's voice froze me before I could knock, and I stood in place as my hearing senses maximized.

"I will not just give you a way or antidote to Filberto Roman's state!" She snapped, "Do you even realize what you're asking?! Do you realize I'm going to relay this to your father?! What's fucking wrong with you!"

I gulped. This... Mr. Ellington was asking her about... Filberto?

Silence greeted her for some seconds, then...

"I told you it won't be for free." A cold, arrogant voice came. "I will negotiate with the Chairman, Lami."

My chest tightened. First... name basis?

"But I have a desire for Roman to retain his memories and original self."

My hand came up to my mouth in surprise.

"Of all my experiments I've done for your father, this man was among the most he was interested in." The Scientist retorted. "I can already imagine his reaction on your demand. The man is a fucking ace."

"Nonesense." The President's comment was fast. "Roman's role should be done in my father's plan! His target was Charlotte in Spain, which he lowly accomplished. There should be no reason for his wish to keep him  in his grasp."

A laugh echoed at this.

A victorious and psychotic laugh from none other than Keira Lami Wright.

"My, my. Sweet little Charlotte, that was one wicked wound, eh?" Wright teased, "Oh I don't think you saw the other wound because I covered it with tons of concealer, but Filberto back then really had his way with a sweet, brutal and bone-painful punch on her cheek! I think he even did it with the back of his revolver–"

BAM! CRASH!

I shuddered, jumping slightly in place while struggling to not make any sounds.

This... Mr. Ellington had striked... the chest of drawers next to his bed?