Chapter 27/174: Absence then Attitude

Read+Vote+Comment+Enjoy! 

P.s. we've been forgetting to mention, loves, that all things mentioned regarding Khaled being part of the royal family belongs to our imagination and fiction, and has no base or reality behind it!

~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•

I froze in my tracks, and my tear lids wanted to start operating on my own.

Seeing my expression, which apparently was not very nice, Sarah Dowell's expression hardened, and anger could clearly be seen across her features, as her eyebrows furrowed and her green orbs stormed. Moving, she approached his majesty and his personal... partner clinging to him. Wait, what was she doing?!

Having reached them, Sarah pushed the woman roughly, causing her to withdraw away from his neck, as she looked at her. 

Gesturing violently as though she was about to attack the woman, I could hear the oriental beauty's curses echo louder than the music. 

As though no scene was taking place because of him and behind him, Rickard Ellington Conway stood up unflinching, as he shot Dowell a cold freezing gaze, causing her to stop her madness and start following him. It is a blessing the stripper did not dare follow them, thankfully.

All seemed under control for him, as though he minded not Sarah's interference and her attempted assault of his partner. His gaze was cool, cold, and unmatchingly haughty. 

Until his eyes fell on me.

His pace faltered. His almighty, God-like pace, faltered for a second, as he slowed down. And his eyes widened, the oceans within them thundering wildly as they fell into me.

And this time for sure, I could tell what mine mirrored: anger and disappointment. I bit my lips to prevent my expression from crumbling, and gulped the knot in my throat.

Turning on my heels, I rushed outside the bar, and into the elevator.

Luckily enough the elevator was already almost full and descending, as I made it the last moment, and descended to my/ our floor, before he and Sarah could catch up to me. 

I stormed into the room, locking up the door behind me. I knew he had a key, but I just wanted to push him away as much as possible. Heading towards the bathroom, I entered, locking the door behind me. Well, at least I knew he had no key for this. 

And I sank down to the floor, head over knees. 

I didn't cry, as I just felt my heart about to burst. 

I felt genuine disappointment. 

As in what the hell?! I knew whatever was going on between us had no... title whatsoever, but a stripper while we're sleeping in the same room?! Seriously?!!

The unlocking of the door was heard at that, as his even, harmonic, and military-like footsteps were unmistakable.

He shut the door behind him, and I was surprised Sarah didn't seem with him. 

Could it be they split to find me? 

My theory was directly negated, as his cold, absolute, and conceited voice came from behind my door:

"Charlotte, I am aware you are there."

I stiffened slightly, pursing my lips and refusing to answer, not to give him the advantage of actually being so sure of himself. Ugh!