Chapter 63/210: Chocolate, Wine, & Serum

Apologies for the late update, but we are literally OVERWHELMED with things to do! 

Enjoy this chapter! And comment for a chance to be this week's CWC, get an exclusive sneak peek and be featured on our Instagram page!

Also, feel free to participate in Katy and Scarlett's competition down in the chapter! *wink, wink*

~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•

I frowned as I descended off the train station and got into the taxi awaiting me.

Crossing my hands before my chest, Alba from the seat beside me blinked. "Cariña, is something the matter?"

"Who the hell calls his cat Mia?!" I pouted, "What was he thinking?!" I huffed.

From before me, my ex-bodyguard seemed to understand who I was referring to, as she chuckled softly. "No way! Señor Ellington got a cat to begin with?!"

I maintained my frown, shaking my head. "His sister got it for him as a get-well-soon present." I mumbled, "And somehow, he out of a sudden decided to name it Mia."

She smiled at me. "Hm? And what bothers you about it exactly?"

I fidgeted, flushing slightly. "Mia is my middle name!" I gestured.

"Yes but..." She arced a brow at me, "It's not like he doesn't like the kitten."

I blinked through my frown. "Ha? How do you know?"

Smirking, she just chuckled at me.

"I just know it for sure."

.

.

.

The moment I stepped into the apartment, I gulped.

Remembering Katy was back from her travel now.

And remembering our latest encounter.

She was seated on the couch in the living room, headphones on and series playing before her.

I approached her in my Daisy attire, without even taking my mask off.

And I stood before her, snapping her attention off the series.

She glanced in my direction, and her look hardened, yet she snapped her now cold chocolate orbs to the screen before her.

Alba exited the room at this, and I got she planned to give us the privacy.

"Oh, so you come here on weekends?" My best friend's dry voice came, "I thought you spent it in his place as well?"

I flinched, and tightened my jaw. "Katherine."

She didn't look up.

"I..." I started slowly, thinking about my words well. "Don't have a valid reasoning or explanation as to why I hid this from you." I gulped, "But you also have to–"

She gestured me off, as she took her headphones off at this, shutting her laptop as she stood up.

"Save your explanations, Charlotte." She spat, and moved to walk away. "I really don't want to listen."

I shuddered, my heart aching at how madly calm her tone seemed.

Blocking her way, I looked straight into her eyes. "Can we not do this?!" I snapped, "Can we please communicate?!"

She scoffed at this, her lips twitching. "What's that? Communicate? You mean like you did with me when you updated me of what was going on with you?" She muttered coldly.