Chapter 44/191: Roses to the Compass

Vote+Comment (for a chance to be this week's CWC) +Enjoy!

IMPORTANT A/N at the end of this Chapter!!! It's related to the image attached to this chapter :)

We personally love this chapter!

Very sorry for the late update! Wattpad gave us such a hard time :)

~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•

His majesty R.E.C. and I watched Emilia Morte and Esteban Gonçalez as they headed towards the Tower of Hercules, enjoying their last minutes in Coruña before they eloped for a long time from the city.

I smiled in their direction, noticing the relatively few number of early tourists were actually admiring them with happiness.

A crying bride and her flute prince. Wow.

I kept on observing them, as I eyed how they ascended up the tower towards the last floor where they both stood out, observing the beauteous ocean of Coruña under the effect of the sunlight. 

"Weird, are they permitted to go up there?" I found myself mumbling to myself. I mean, it's a historical monument after all. 

In a second, I felt a warm, vibrantly impactful presence so close to me from behind, and yet I turned not, as the hair at the back of my neck stood up erect.

"As Emilia used to come here a lot, I am assuming she has some paid connections from the security team." His cold and composed voice came from behind me. 

I fidgeted, not turning around, as I eyed the couple up in the tower again. 

And my heart warmed up. A lot. 

My cheeks flushed, as I bit my lips in... affection, observing Emilia's bright smile as she kissed Esteban while wrapping her hands around his neck. 

Her bridal veil swayed with the wind, and I could see Esteban's smile as well, as he tightened his hands around her. 

A quick recap of all the incidents of the past twenty four hours shot to my mind, and I suddenly found myself tearing up. 

Wow, it's been a long time since I'd gotten such a feelings from observing a couple... 

But somehow I couldn't help it...

This particular thought lingering at the back of my head...

...that such a connection to another person seemed... nice? 

To have someone willing to go with you to the end of the world... Someone who'd give up everything for your happiness... And someone who... is your happiness itself. 

I leaned back against him, sticking myself against him shamelessly. 

He didn't seem to mind that. 

No, not at all if anything. 

His hands moved up, as they rested on either sides of my shoulders. 

It didn't escape me that he looked left and right, careful if we were being watched. 

"You do realize we might be under supervision," His lips came close to my ear, and his warm breath sent shivers across my skin. "Hm?" 

My tummy clenched at his throaty hum, and to the mere listener, his tone would almost be mistaken for someone who's actually bothered by our position.

And yet, his hands only gripped tighter on my shoulders.

I wet my lips, still eyeing the couple up as they kissed passionately. "Hey, Mr. Ellington," I whispered peacefully, "Do you have any idea what they might be talking?"