Chapter 40/187: Interests and Weak Points

TWO important announcements you need to read before you advance with this chapter: 

1. Check out the TRAILER for this arc, posted on our youtube channel & support it :)

2. As a reward for all of you not only attaining 1K comments last week, but also SURPASSING our expectations, we have decided to give each of you a weekly chance of winning an EXCLUSIVE sneak peek! 

How? We'll be going over your weekly comments every Thursday and choosing one lucky comment we like which will be awarded the Cupcakes' Weekly Comment (CWC) prize! Your prize will be to have your weekly comment posted on our instagram highlights, AND an exclusive sneak peek just for you! We will be announcing the winner on our wattpad coversation board & dming them their sneak peek :) 

So what do you think? Do you like this idea? 

Comment as much as you can to increase your chances :) :) :) +Vote!

Happy reading :) 

~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•

I dodged the first kick coming to my left side, as I squatted quick. 

Placing my right hand on the ground beneath me like the center of a compass, I moved my right leg, issuing a kick at the legs of my attacker

My opponent was stealthy, as she managed to obiate, jumping back and taking advantage of the time it took me to actually stand back up. 

With two fast and confusing steps, Alba Graçia issued the first punch in the direction of my face. 

I inhaled a fast breath, raising up both my wrists before my face in a defensive position, as I shut my eyes for a millisecond of fear. 

Yikes!

–But I felt nothing. 

A gentle nudge to my tummy opened my eyes, as I blinked, lowering my hands as I pouted. "You won again!" 

From before me, Alba smiled softly at me, her beautiful and huge jades mellowing their harshness. "You're actually improving, Señorita." 

I stretched, sighing as I headed towards the refreshments vending machine in the stretching area of the gym. 

I brought us two water bottles, as I turned back towards her, and saw she was doing a split as she stretched back. Wow. 

"Not really," I sighed, placing the bottle next to her as I just took a place at the mat beside hers. "I still freeze completely when I feel a blow is being directed at me." 

So Alba and I had started this habit of training together about two weeks ago, after the yacht incident where I was straight out pushed to the Thames and left to drown. We reached the conclusion that it was impossible to guarantee she'll be with me twenty four seven. And so I had to develop myself nevertheless. I already had a good base of Karate –orange belt, may I remind you, and she was a top-skilled fighter and a trained assassin. So in addition to the fact that I had a body relatively suitable for martial arts training, she was an amazing trainer. 

She kept her split, as though it was the most smooth sitting position, and she opened the water, drinking some. "Well, you need to bare in mind that you haven't been exposed to many fights yet, in addition to the fact that I am not an ordinary opponent. My positions and the speed of my hits both serve in scaring my opponent."

I nodded. She was right. 

Still though, I knew I needed to get better, especially as I could tell Trevor Ellington Conway was getting more tyrannical and violent against his son's team by the day.