Chapter 46/193: Rooftop Showdown - Tears of the Secretary

WE REPEAT: You are NOT eligible to continue this arc if you hadn't checked out the 'The Curse of the Frozen Watch' chapter posted in our Special Material book. This chapter contains a flashback into Rickard's past that y'all HAVE to know before you advance with this arc. 

Check. It. Out. Now. If. You've. Not. Done. So

Also, check out this arc's trailer on our Youtube Channel :) 

Finally, comment a lot to have a chance and be this week's CWC (win an EXCLUSIVE sneak peek)!!!

**Also, please note that any reference to any religious book or entity means no harm or offense in any way :)

~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•

I rode the dark coloured limousine with Filberto Roman silently. 

Eyeing the man, a slight shudder crossed my body, as I saw his deadly numb expression. 

His green beads were frozen and empty, and he had ceased the tears that were escaping them when we got into the car, a minute ago. 

I bit my lips as I observed his tight hands on his lap, which he was looking intently at, lost in thoughts. 

"Wh-Why are you doing this, Filberto?" I finally forced out, my voice low and shaking. 

He didn't flinch, neither did he look in my direction, as though I spoke nothing.

"Alba..." I started, my heart aching at how we left her, "Alba has been suffering these four month–" 

"Alba Graçia is a selfish bitch." He cut me off, cleaning his knife with a towel beside him. "The next time I see her, I will not hesitate to kill her." 

I gasped, my body shaking, "What are you saying? Alba loves you!" I gestured madly, "The past months have been an emotional hell for her!" 

His fingers clenched over the knife, as his eyes darkened. "Of course, sucks to have me survive after she left me to die under the ruins." 

My breath stuck in my throat, "Wh-at?"

I shook my head, different images of Alba's grief coming to my mind, as I clenched my fists, "You're wrong! I don't know what you're saying! But you're definitely wro–"

His hand clenched further at the knife, as pure murder glinted through his eyes. "Had Master Trevor not removed me with his team, put me at a very elite hospital in London, and financed my medication, I would have been the food of decomposers by now. Do not even try sugarcoating the reality, Charlotte Thorne."

I shuddered, my eyes widening. 

Trevor Ellington Conway pulling him from under the ruins? What the...?? 

"What?!" I snapped, "The Chairman did not save you! What the hell are you talking about?!"

He flinched not, "I woke up in the care of the Chairman, Charlotte Thorne. The documents of my medical bills even show the payments were done by The Ellington Enterprises." 

I gasped, "That's because Mr. Ellington, the President, paid! Alba was working as a waitress with some of her wounds so she can pay for your hospital!" I clenched my fists, hardening my gaze in his direction, "And when Mr. Ellington found her, he offered her to be my bodyguard in return for your medica– AH!" 

I jumped, as the knife he was holding landed some centimetres away from me, well-aimed. 

"Be silent. I don't want to hear anything about that whore." He spat, "She probably deceived you too."