Chapter 11/158: Why He Chose Alba

Enjoy a warm chapter and don't forget to check the imporant A/N by the end of the chapter!
~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•

Roaming through the mall was not as easy as I had imagined it would be.

I might visualize it for you as Katy, walking to the left side full of energy and wanting to try every single piece of clothes out there, me in the middle awkwardly walking and not really knowing how to act, and my escort, Alba Graçia walking in ultimate silence as she glared at the world.

Now here's the thing about Alba.

She stood out. Tall, cold, and very harshly beautiful.

Even in her very non-revealing outfit, she still caught attention and I could feel eyes snapping to her.

She did not even glance at them, as she marched proudly to my side.

"Hey, look! This store has a big sale announcement!" Katy announced, as she entered a clothing store without hesitation.

I sighed, and moved to enter, noticing at that that Alba did not follow me inside, not just into this store but into any one we entered.

"Alba?" I smiled at her, "Why won't you come in?"

She blinked at me and shrugged softly, "I feel like I'm already invading a lot of your privacy, senorita." She spoke with her heavy Spanish accent calmly, and her expression remained a poker face, "I will wait for you here."

I eyed her, and it occurred to me at that. Alba was probably having it worse than me. She was suddenly forced to fit in another woman's life. I think we are similar in age but evidently very different in lifestyles. And to add to that, she had to do her job well while also not getting on my nerves, because maybe not all people had the temper to be followed around.

I let out a soft breath, "You're not bothering me with anything, Alba," I grinned, "Come on, let's enjoy some girl shopping!"

She looked surprised for a second as she wet her lips, and a fast soft smile crossed her lips, then we walked in.

My best friend, being the fashion designer she is, did not bother hiding her happiness once she saw a model-like figure like Alba enter the store.

"Yes!!! Alba, I have so many dressing ideas for you!!" She cheered, and dragged Alba with her as she started grabbing different tops, skirts, as well as shorts from left and right while pushing Alba to the fitting room.

I chuckled. Typical Katy.

.

.

.

After an hour just spent in the fitting rooms of different stores, I realized two things:

The first was that Katy was very, very, and very passionate about her job. She did not get tired, drained, or even complained once despite the fact that she was purely just choosing clothes for someone and inspiring ideas for her future designs instead of trying on clothes for herself.

The second was that Alba was so pretty. My description might have given such an impact, but as she tried different outfits on, I noticed how well-built her figure was. She looked someone who trained on very regular basis, as her curves were extremely emphasized, and very proportioned. She wasn't over-muscled, but you could tell she was someone who trained a lot.

After lots of nagging from Katy, and even insistence on my side, Alba Graçia ended up being the center of our shopping trip as she shopped a lot of attires, while Katy and I barely got a few things.