Chapter 65/212: Unlocking the Ellington Tie

Enjoy + Comment for a chance to be this week's CWC, win a sneak peek and be featured on our Instagram page :) :)

We feel like you'll love this chap ;)

~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•

"Yo, Charlotte..." –A voice came distantly.

I let out a sigh, still in a daze.

"Charlotte!!" The voice rose at this, and I gasped loudly.

I frowned at my sister, who'd just pulled me out of my daydreaming. "What?"

From before me, Scarlett Thorne choked her cigarette in the ashtray before her. "The fuck, woman. Were you listening to what I was saying?!"

Nope, not a single bit.

"Err, surely I was." I lied, flustered.

"Surely my ass!" She huffed, sipping some of her beer. "Repeat then!"

I fidgeted. Shit!

Katy emerged from the door at this, saving Cherry's ass at the last moment. "Guys, I prepared pizza for all of us, but will serve it once Alba finishes her shower."

Both Scarlett and I nodded, and I sighed in relief, thinking I'd escaped my interrogation.

Nope, big mistake.

"So, Char." Scarlett turned back towards me, "What was the plan again?"

"Eh? Plan?" I fidgeted.

She huffed, shooting me a glare. "Dammit! Focus with me for the love of God! You keep dazing off!"

At this Katy chuckled, as she took her place beside me. "Care to share with us what happened with the young master? Or do you plan to keep on dazing off?"

I fidgeted, but then shook my head, as my mind wandered to the occurences in his room last week.

When I read him the poem.

And he tightened his grip over my hand as he fell asleep on my voice.

My chest constricted.

Because I felt it.

I'd felt his warmth.

That warmth which was never directed at Daisy before.

But rather at... Charlotte.

Could it be...

And if it was the case, why hasn't he revealed he knew yet?

Was there any way to verify my doubts?

There wasn't, and so I couldn't risk not sticking to the plan.

It has been two days since I came back from his majesty's estate, and I have done nothing except daze off since then.

"It's nothing, really." I sighed as I finally answered Kat's question, then directed my attention at Scarlett again. "So yeah, Scar. Continue."

My sister kept her glare at me, but apparently decided it was more important to focus on the matter, "So as I was saying..." She paused, fixing her eyes into mine at this.

"The annual shareholders meeting is this upcoming week."

I gulped, but commented not.

"And that's our chance to steal documents incriminating the Chairman."

My eyes widened, and it occurred to me at this.