Chapter 66/213: Unlocking the Ellington Sibling

Enjoy + Comment for a chance to be this week's CWC, win a sneak peek and be featured on our Instagram page: author_athenas  :) :)

Please note a trigger warning for this chapter, as some scenes might be disturbing or vulgar to certain audience.

~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•

I knocked on the door of Marcus Ellington Conway's room.

No reply came.

So I just stepped in with the food tray I was dragging.

My breath stuck in my throat, as I bit my lips, seeing he was... asleep in his majestic and grande bed.

Okay great.

I scanned my sight around the room quickly, Scarlett's guidelines from Mr. Ellington recurring in my head:

'The keys, from what I heard from Ellington, are a triplet! Also, they look super basic because Agatha knows how careless her son can be, so she wanted them to be different in appearance than those of the chairman. They don't have any fancy leather keychains and stuff!'

I gulped, holding my breath as I eyed some keychains on the chest of drawers next to his bed. Okay, they have leather and luxurious keychains, so nope.

'The main thing that'd identify the keychains for you would be that they are lead colored!' –Scarlett's words came again. 'Lead-colored keychain, Charlotte.'

My eyes widened as they finally fell on a triplet keychain with a lead color, and my breath hitched.

Perfect!

Tiptoeing, I bit my lips as I started approaching the bed, fixing the dormant man on the bed with my very careful gaze.

His dreadlocks were scattered around his head on the pillow, and he still had all his piercings on. Obviously shirtless, his hand was above the blanket covering his chest, and all his tattoos were on display.

My chest sank, as he, even in his asleep state, mirrored danger.

Okay, Charlotte. He's asleep.

Smoothly, take the keys and leave.

I turned towards the chest of drawers, and was grateful for the dim light of the lampadaire which highlighted the different keys recklessly thrown there.

I bit my lips, as I started reaching out for the ke—

A hand came on my other hand at this.

My hand next to my hips and...

To the side of the bed.

I froze.

And so did my breath.

"My, my." A raspy, throaty, and sleep-laced voice came from next to me.

And blood froze in my veins.

I turned slightly towards him, unable to muster out any words.

Only to find Marcus Ellington still having his eyes closed still, yet his right hand gripping over the wrist of my right one to his direction.

"Can't keep your distance from my bed, sweetie?"

I shuddered.

His lips twitched, as his eyes finally opened at this.

They slightly widened at my scene.

And clear truimph flashed through them.