Chapter 10/157: Alba Graçia

Important A/N at the end of the chapter! Enjoy your reading, loves!
~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•

My first day at work proceeded normally after my 'reunion' with the president in the morning.

And let me make one thing clear: if I had thought that he'd become a pinch more lenient just because we kissed, I had been damn well wrong.

Very wrong.

Orders showered on me from left and right, he wanted everything done as though I'd never left in the past six months. He bossed me around as though the man I'd kissed earlier was a stranger he did not know off.

And frankly, I did not really mind that.

Because here's he thing about my and Rickard Ellington's relationship: neither of us knew what was really going on, or how deep what was going on really was. Talking about it from my perspective at least, I knew deep inside, I was not ready for any kind of realization or consequence, that would come if we ever laid what was going on on the table and wanted to put it in some frame.

My heart beat rate suddenly started picking up, as I sat in my office lost in my thoughts.

Though, my thoughts did not last long as my phone before me buzzed with a text message, and checking it out, I saw it was from Katy:

'So who's in for a girls' night out where my best friend tells me the hot tea about her first day back at work? My treat.'

I smiled.

I loved how supportive my best friend is.

'You know I love you, right? So you'll pass to get me from the company? I'll be done by six.' I typed back.

It didn't take Katy a minute to reply: 'Perfect, I'll get you your sneakers because we'll be touring the mall for long, and I'm sure heels won't be the best thing to wear in this case.'

My smile widened, I just love shopping outings with Katy.

I threw myself into work after this, motivated to finish and meet my best friend.Oh well, I can't really deny that there is some hot tea to tell her right? Right?! .

.

.

As soon as I finished my task, I started packing my stuff preparing to leave.

I decided to pass by my employer's office before leaving.

As I exited my office, I was met by a weird scene.

I blinked.

She stood there; dark short hair cascading in thick curls but not reaching her shoulders, full lips colored in bright screaming red, and her beauteous deep green eyes were fixed on me, protected by thick lashes which stood out in pride. She was attired entirely in a black leather jacket and pants, which contrasted with her very light skin color and emphasized her long legs, as well as black ranger shoes.

She didn't blink as she met my gaze. I gulped, who is this?

I figured she was not going to say anything, and so I nodded softly and turned, heading towards my employer's office.

It was at that that I heard footsteps following me.

Wait... She couldn't...

I picked up my pace.

She picked up hers.

B-But how did she cross the security system?!

I let out a panicked breath, as I reached the door knob of the president's office and stormed inside, shutting the door behind me loudly.