Chapter 31/178: Into the Rabbit Hole Once More

This chapter is a very important chapter that holds a lot of secrets and insights about this arc and the story in general! 

Give it the appreciation it deserves, and have a good read, loves :) :)

~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•

I let out a sigh as I finished reviewing the last document for the day and turned off the computer screen before me. 

Standing up, I sighed as I stretched lazily. Damn, I still felt jet-lagged despite the fact that I'd slept fairly well throughout the last week after I came back to London.

Exiting the office, I found Alba awaiting for me outside, so we headed towards the employee elevator. 

I did not stop by his majesty's office, he'd left early today, which sounded extremely unexpected now that I thought of it. What could he have for him to leave early today? 

I sighed as we headed down in the elevator, and that particular name popped up my head...

'Carolina is back in London.'

Carolina... how is it possible I've never heard of her...

As we descended off of the elevator, my eyes directly pinned to a huge object far away. 

It still looked feisty, and still had the same cozy and colorful vibe it had years ago. 

I neared the caravan.

And focused my gaze further, noticing the silhouette standing next to it. 

Sebastian Evan Keith was dressed like I'd first met him.

Baggy jeans shorts. Sleeveless baggy thin white shirt. Oil green colored scarf. Dark old ranger shoes. And feisty sleeve tattoos that showed shamelessly. I could see his stone rings, as well as his earrings and necklace more carefully as I neared him. I also eyed his messy bun and beard, as he was looking at me with his mesmerizing jades and a wide carefree smile.

I bit my lips awkwardly as I reached him, fidgeting. "Um, hi." 

He eyed me in muse, fixing me with his deep orbs as though to take my details in one by one. "My, my. You look professional in those work clothes and the low bun." He commented, "This humble gypsy here feels uncomfortable!" 

I shot him a look, a 'seriously?' look, as I decided to play along. "My, my. You know what else is making this humble gypsy uncomfortable? The unimaginable set of bank notes and possessions his lordship alter ego owns." 

He laughed genuinely loud, and I fixed him with my gaze, sucking in every detail to remind myself what his genuine smile sounded and looked like. 

Goodness, Sebastian Keith... how much have you hidden from me...

"I never thought you were this capable of salting on me, I am impressed you little one!" He just chuckled further, and I glared at him.

"So? Shall we go?" He arced an eyebrow at me, keeping his smile casually.

I blinked, "But... where?" 

He shrugged smoothly, as he fixed Alba quizzically, and I saw she was looking back at him with equal intensity. "Aye, a bodyguard?" 

I frowned at the tension of their interaction, especially considering the fact I knew Alba was extra cautious from him after seeing his latest encounter with Mr. Ellington's.

I nodded, silently as I eyed him carefully, and he shifted under my gaze and shot me a cool look. "I'm sorry, but I'm not taking an Ellington agent with us." He casually stated.