Chapter 29/176: Guns and Gemstones

1. Comment on EVERYTHING you like in this chapter! It's among our favourites and it would mean a lot to us if it received the appreciation it deserves ;)

2. If you haven't checked out the extra chapters relating to this arc, do! There are many references you might get better if you have a background of those chapters :)

3. Vote+comment+enjoy!

~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•

The anti-sedatives Alba had made me sniff started giving their effect faster than I expected. My body still felt heavy and numb, but at least my vision and reception capabilities were starting to come back. 

As Alba and I followed my employer and Sarah Dowell through the floor of our rooms, I eyed as his majesty gestured at my escort to take me away.

Like hell I was gonna agree.

I shifted my heavy body in her grip, "Alba, you know me enough to know there's no way I'd accept this. Not when Sarah is out of her mind! Not when I saw her crying and it was a clear cry for help but I couldn't read it! Not when she has that knife still in her hand! Please, Alba..." I pleaded in a whisper, and saw that they headed to Sarah's room, probably under his majesty's order to give me rest in our room.

Nope, Mister.

Alba eyed me deeply, and I just fixed her with a determined expression. "You said it earlier yourself, Sarah was going to do something she regrets! We need to know what the problem is! Please!" 

Letting out a sigh, she shook her head as she helped me towards the room, and I smiled slightly at that.

Luckily, she had the keys, as she unlocked and let us in.

As though they were expecting us, neither Mr. Ellington, nor Sarah Dowell glanced in our direction, as we stepped in.

Rickard Ellington stood before the window, his back turned to Sarah Dowell, who was seated on the bed. 

"So?" Mr. Ellington's voice came conceitedly. "Would you like to share what the matter is, Sarah?" 

Silence.

Sarah Dowell eyed him not, and I eyed as her hands clenched to either her sides on the bed. She had the knife next to her left hand on the bed. 

I gulped as I neared them, without Alba's support. 

His majesty's neck muscles twitched, as he shifted, and his arrogant voice came coldly, as I saw his unwavering expression reflected on the window. "Sarah." He started, turning carefully, and I saw his beauteous orbs glint with weird... peacefulness? Wow... in such a situation...

They were still cold and composed alright... 

But they were weirdly peaceful... as though in a way meant to show Sarah that he was not... going to harm her... 

"I have the ability to aid you." He spoke carefully, his voice freezing as he fixed her with his concentrated gaze, "But for me to do that, you need to share what the problem is with me." 

Sarah's beads remained numb, as she fixed them into his. And she spoke nothing. 

Nearing her a step, he kept his unwavering gaze, and moved his jaw. Capturing her eyes and imprisoning them, I eyed as his handsome oceans deepened a layer, as he reached out for his right hand wristwatch. 

It occurred to me at that, how... displeasing the situation was for him.

"If you recollect how we initially met, you will realize I have always had the power to save you."

EVERLASTING (Charlotte's Story)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें