Chapter 69/216: Un Minuto

A long-awaited Chapter 69!

Buckle up for the ULTRA-EMOTIONAL ride!

Comment on every LINE you enjoy!

Enjoy + Comment for a chance to be this week's CWC, win a sneak peek and be featured on our Instagram page :) :)

~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•

I had run various scenarios in my head during the past days.

What R.E.C. would expect, and what he wouldn't.

I'd tried thinking of every attitude he would expect of Charlotte.

Maybe he expected her to break down the moment she sees him.

Or that she'd pull off an extremely cold attitude as an aftermath of the phone call.

Or perhaps she'd appear clearly affected and traumatised by what happened overall.

I'd run in my head all possible scenarios which he might've expected.

Until I eventually realized there's one attitude he could not have possibly seen coming.

And I'd decided to opt for just that.

With the help of a quick whiskey shot Sebastian had provided me on the way here to enhance my... boldness...

And with the widest smile and bubbliest voice I had on me, I fixed the man in the room with excitement in my eyes.

"Good morning, President Ellington!"

From over his bed as he smoked his morning cigarette, Rickard Ellington Conway...

Froze.

And his eyes widened in clear, rare lack of registration.

For a second, had the whiskey bottle next to his bed not been still closed and his glass unfilled, I would have assumed he was testing how sober he was.

I smiled as I stepped in, Sebastian next to me.

"I brought you a guest." Keith nudged my back gently, as his lips twitched playfully at this before shooting me a look. "Not gonna lie though, I had to discipline her a bit."

My smile remained, internally in awe at how his lordship was perfectly sticking to the attitude I'd agreed with him over.

"Y'know," He continued smoothly as he fixed his majesty Ellington with his unwavering gaze. "Tell her that no matter what had happened, it was rather rude not to visit her ex-employer, aye?"

My smile wavered. Yikes, that would certainly strike a nerve.

I kept my wide smile, turning towards my employer once again as I walked further into the room and ahead of his lordship, uninvited.

Like a pair of imaginary chains, the steel blue in Rickard Ellington Conway's eyes wrapped around me, taking in every single inch of me.

I could feel he wasn't leaving a single detail of me to his imagination, as he shamelessly and unflinchingly fixed me with his dominant and consuming gaze.

My heartbeat suddenly skyrocketed.

And I struggled to keep my cool at this.

But then I snapped myself back to the idea that I needed to keep the plan.

Catching his eyes, I let them invade my soul as I kept my smile.

Taking a place on the chair next to his bed, his musky scent crawled into my nostrils druggingly.