Chapter 35/182: Lord Tales

Read+Vote+Enjoy! All the love for you xxx

~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•

I bit my lips to muffle the sob urging to escape me, as my eyes widened.

What the hell?

'I am aware Thorne is inside the room, Keith. Move aside, we have some things to discuss.' –His words echoed my mind again.

A few seconds of silence passed, and I figured the two men were having their casual killer stare exchange.

"She just fell asleep."

Sebastian's reply was concise and brief, said in a thoughtless, clearly anger-concealed tone.

Wow... to think the cool and carefree S.K. was... mad... because of my state?

More silence.

A very heavy and clearly freezing one.

"There is no way she fell asleep in that state. Move aside."

I shuddered at his statement, muffing myself more as tears streamed down my face. The hell is up with that cold and unflinching tone?! Why are you here?! To humiliate me? What the hell are you thinking?

Sebastian's voice came smooth at that, yet firm, "You're right, it wasn't easy, but she did. And that's exactly why I am not letting anyone in to intrude on her, Rickard." 

Another long silent moment passed, and I assumed his majesty Ellington was shooting ice daggers at Sebastian, as he had no method of verifying his claim.

"Though assume she is awake. Why would you want to see her? I don't believe there is anything to be —" Sebastian's cold statement was cut off. 

And a loud thud on the door was heard.

I shuddered, realizing this might be...

No... but could it be?!

He's never done so... before.

Except back in Berlin...

When that burglar was attacking the mom and her son...  

But now... was it possible?

Then again, thinking about how loud the thud was and how clearly it was that of a body being... pinned against the door...

It cannot be but that.

"You were aware Carolina was going to attend the ball, you bloody bastard." Rickard Ellington Conway's voice came as a hiss. A cold, arrogant, and lowly murderous hiss.

"And that was why you invited Charlotte."

I jumped slightly my eyes widening at how dead cold and dangerous his tone was.

Huh...? 

What was he saying...?

A second or two of silence passed. 

Before a sound was heard.

And not any sound.

The most unexpected of them all.

From Sebastian Keith.

Who was most probably pinned against the door by the collar and almost being choked.

Add to that that he'd just been called a bloody bastard in a threatening tone by the one and only R.E.C.

Sebastian Keith let out a throaty laugh.