Chapter 82/229: Not Alone

Appreciate your votes and comments - keep us motivated!

~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•

I shifted carefully, exhausting every single nerve in my body to make sure I don't produce a lot of noise due to my movement.

My eyes fell on the hulk next to me, and my heart clenched in warmth.

Rickard Ellington's beauteous featured looked, as rare as I've ever seen them, relaxed. He had his sharp eyes shut, safeguarded by a symmetric pair of eyebrows and long lashes.

His full lips were pursed, and his muscular chest was rising and falling composedly.

I observed him, silently.

I've rarely seen him asleep.

If anything, he's rarely shown what can be perceived as such a... vulnerable state of his.

Snuggled against his torso, Mia, the kitten, just let one eye open as she observed me move very sleekly over the bed to get off. As can be expected, she wasn't much interested in me.

If I spoke cat language, I'd say she was relieved I was gone from next to her man.

I pouted, getting off the bed as I started tiptoeing at this.

Eyeing the time, I noted it was evening time.

Now that I thought of it, I doubt the adam had gotten enough sleep after yesterday's occurences. So I'll just let him slee

"Where to?"

–Or not.

I jumped slightly at the deep, clearly sleep-eaten husky voice which came from behind me.

Looking back towards him, I noted he was still in the same sleeping position, having not even bothered turning towards me.

"I'll just head to the kitchen as Daisy to grab something to eat. Want me to get you anything?" I responded, shooting him a gentle smile.

"Be quick and don't attract unnecessary attention." He murmured. "You're supposed to be on sick leave."

I nodded, "Promise I'll be careful."

And I headed towards Daisy's room at this.

.
.
.

After getting showered and changed real fast, I emerged from the room as Daisy, as I started marching through the halls of the Ellington estate.

With a very specific destination in mind.

I let out a shaky breath, remembering the occurences of the previous night, as I increased my pace at this.

A few twists and turns after, I was finally standing before my room of choice.

Clearing my throat and looking left and right for anyone watching, I knocked, twice.

Around a minute passed, before I heard some footsteps approaching the door at this.

The door soon enough swung open, and the proud silhouette of Violetta Ellington Conway appeared at this. She had her hair tied up in a messy bun, showcasing her ten plus ear piercings. Her green-like hazel eyes zoomed at me directly, and a blink escaped her as she arced a brow in my direction.

"Ayo, I saved your ass there, but that doesn't make us besties." She murmured, taking a drag from her cigarette in hand, "The fuck are you at my door?"

A small chuckle escaped me, as I eyed her overall messy shape, noting I've not seen her like that before. "Have some time for a quick chitchat?"

She shot me a glare, pouting before she moved, opening the door further as she made space for me to walk in.