Chapter 9/156: Sempre

Note: we have two song suggestions that inspired us to write this chapter, the songs are:

'Ocean Eyes, by Billie Eilish'
& 'As I'll Ever Be, by Chaz Cardigan'
So if you want, throughout the chapter, before starting with the part where the first song is suitable, we'll hint to you by a small "Track 1" to tell you that this is where you play it. And then for the second song part, before the part starts, we'll hint to you through a "Track 2". Sorry for the long note but we thought it would be a nice experience for you!

Please comment on EVERY line you love! Enjoy a long and heartwarming chapter :)
~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•

A small grin crossed my face unconsciously, as I started fidgeting in my bed. 

Hm, is this heaven? 'Cause it definitely smells like it. 

"Cherry~" A cheerful tone echoed through my senses, "I prepared waffles my love!"
–And that was enough to snap my eyes open, and alert all my senses. 

I rubbed my eyes slightly as I straightened in my bed. 

Looking at my phone, it was six-thirty in the morning.

A realization hit me at that. 

Today was... the day. 

I gulped, as I got out of bed and headed to the shower. 

It was in no time that I was done, and headed to the kitchen, only to be met by the sight of my best friend tuning to cheerful morning music, as she prepared us breakfast.

I smiled as I got the syrup from the fridge, "Someone seems energetic today," 

Katherine Martins grinned, as she placed two waffles on two separate plates, and headed in my direction as she placed them on the kitchen table. "Well, I thought my best friend will need this kind of support on her first day back to work!" 

My heart started pounding at the thought, and I let out a breath, "Let's hope it goes well." I smiled worriedly. 

Katherine's expression stayed cheerful, as she took a bite of her waffle with syrup.
"I think it will go great." 

.

.

.

Descending from the cab, my heart pounded faster than ever, as I took my steps into the glamorous building of the main branch of The Ellington Company. 

It felt like the first time; exactly the same thrill feeling as I approached the receptionist down, except this time, she recognized me directly and guided me to the employee's elevator. 

Getting it, I took a deep breath, as I pressed the button of my target destination: 

Floor 50. 

—aka the Golden Floor. 

Or should I call it his floor?

In about four minutes, I had reached my target floor, and, eyeing my watch, I smiled in satisfaction. 

It was two minutes before eight; enough time for me to reach my office, put my stuff, then greet my employer at eight sharp!

As I descended off of the elevator and started walking towards my office, angry foot stomps could be heard approaching. 

I gulped, those footsteps...

The sound of heels...

And damn was the person angry.