Chapter 12/159: Ball Preparations

Read, vote, comment, and enjoy!
~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•

"Yo, did you hear about it?" Chatters around me could be heard, as I marched into the Ellington Company's main branch, Alba to my side.

"Yes, it's been all over the economic news everywhere!" -Another person replied.

I kept on heading towards the Golden Elevator, but literally everyone was talking about this news...

"It's that time of the year anyway, no?"

What? I was pretty sure it was not Christmas!

"Yes! Tonight, right? Who's attending it though?" -Wait what? Tonight?

"President Ellington of course, and Sir Beards as well! But I can't really think of anyone else."

I blinked at that as I picked up my pace to my target. Oh well, I'm getting really curious and I want to ask!

As I ascended into the elevator, the last comment I heard about this answered several of my thoughts:

"Oh come on, of course the presidents of other branches will be attending as well. After all,"
The elevator's door started shutting.

"It's the Annual Ellington Enterprises Anniversary Gala!"

Ping! -The elevator's doors shut, and we started ascending up.

I looked at Alba, "Nice outfit." I smiled as I eyed her black pencil skirt and white chemise, in addition to her black ranger shoes which stood out in contrast to her outfit. I chuckled, "And nice shoes."

She blinked at me, pouting slightly with her full, red lips, "What? There's no way I'm wearing heals you know? Very uncomfortable for kick-" And jumped in her place, as she kicked up in the air, doing a literal air split, "-ing."

I jumped slightly, turning away?"A-Alba! Careful, your..." Well, seeing Alba Graçia's underwear was not exactly on my morning schedule.

She turned towards me, leg still up, "Huh? What do you mean?"

I blinked as I looked.

Another chuckle escaped me.

She was wearing very short legging shorts that reached above her skirt's length.

"You're one weird fighter, aren't you?" I smiled, and the elevator pinged at that, signalling we'd arrived at the Golden floor.

Descending from the elevator, I headed to my office, put my stuff there, and then decided to check on my employer.

Who knows? Maybe he'd missed me.

Knocking on the door, I stepped inside upon his order.

Well, remember when I said 'maybe' he missed me? I'm glad I wasn't sure, because he most certainly didn't seem like he did.

He didn't look up from the papers he was working on.

Approaching his table because he had not graced me with a glance, I observed his majestic aura silently.

He had his glasses on, and his left hand had his pen clutched tightly between its long steeped fingers, and he seemed to be signing some documents at a rate of one paper per ten seconds. He didn't seem to be satisfied with this rate though, as he was trying to hurry up, while keeping his elegant cursive handwriting and not even getting on scratch out of place.

I could not help but just observe him, as his concentration levels radiated off of him. He seemed like he really wanted to finish what's at hand fast.