Chapter 45/192: Roses Found, Roses Lost

Buckle up! You might depress a teeny tiny bit!!

Vote+Comment for a chance to be this week's CWC (get an EXCLUSIVE sneak peek)+ enjoy!

P.s. The song we had on mind while writing this chapter is the arc 6 trailer song - 'When Love Takes Flight by Heterogenius' :) Play it on if you'd like! 

~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•

I gulped, observing the love of Alba Graçia's life, Filberto Roman, standing some feet away from us.

At the end of Alba's needle.

The shore to her sea.

From beside me, Alba gulped as well, as her eyes remained wide in disbelief and despair.

Her entire body shock, as tears strolled down her cheeks in pure stun.

And she took a step forward, in his direction.

My eyes moved to observe the man's expression, and I shuddered.

He didn't have the smile he had in the picture no more.

He looked... different.

"Thorne, are you still there?" Rickard Ellington Conway's voice came over my ear, and I gasped softly.

Filberto started moving at this.

In Alba's direction.

As they both approached the center of the compass.

Where they'd shared their first kiss according to Alba.

Seeing her love approaching, Alba increased her pace insignificantly, "Filly..."

Filberto flinched not, keeping his pace towards the center.

Alba picked up her pace at this, as she sniffed, "Filly!!!"

Judging by the pain reflected in her beautiful and huge green beads, as well as the grieving yet heartfelt smile which crossed her lips, I could tell Alba was planning to relive that first kiss after months of thinking she'd lost Filberto forever.

Oh but the latter had different plans apparently.

As Filberto had two more steps to reach the center, Mr. Ellington's voice echoed through my senses.

Simultaneously as the couple were seconds away from reaching the center.

The voice was deadly, resembling maddening thunder:

"I just received information that Filberto Roman left the hospital two days ago, without my notice. Footage showed that the vehicles belong to my father's teams."

And Alba reached the center at this, reaching out to hug the love of her life.

Who also reached out.

With a knife in his hand.

The scene and my employer's words made sense at once, and my voice came out in the form of a deranged scream:

"ALBA!"

A hair.

That was what separated the knife from Alba's throat.

As Filberto Roman's hand shook not, having clearly aimed at the spot and expected Alba to freeze.

Looking towards his expression, I shivered madly.

Long lost were the longing eyes, and long present were wolf-like mad and beastly green eyes, which zeroed at the woman before him, who in turn stood frozen.