Chapter 88/235: Not the Typical Start of a Year

Been more SWAMPED this week literally - so yeah, no sneak peek but hyg ;)

Appreciate your votes and comments - keep us motivated!

~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•

Waking up on the first year of the new year was not as fun and promising as one might expect.

People usually start their new years in different but typical ways.

Some start it surrounded by family and loved ones.

Some start it touring somewhere around the world they've always wanted to visit.

Some start it with a hangover.

I, on the other hand, had taken bits and pieces of each in starting my new year.

I'd started it with a fight with a loved one, indeed in a place I've always wanted to visit –that being the Chairman's office– and with a nasty, nasty hangover.

What I was certain off, though, was that day one of the new year was not the typical start of the new year.

The thumping in my head had not gone down for a single second, as I made my way into Marcus Ellington's room.

Not very surprisingly, he wasn't very responsive when I knocked his door, but rather, he had a certain someone open the door for me.

It was a really random person I didn't know, she had a dazed smile and reeked off the smell of alcohol and other things, and her eyes were bloodshot red. In short, she didn't look in the soberest of states.

Dressed in only a white linen shirt, which, I'm pretty certain from very basic observation, she was wearing nothing under, she smiled dazedly at me. "Ohh, a maid really did show up as Marcky predicted." She chuckled, shifting as she grabbed something next to the door. "Here, he said to give this to you and you'll have all the info needed in it."

I frowned, eyeing the brown paper bag she'd just handed over.

Sighing, I shook my head and took it, mumbling a quick 'thank you' as I turned and started walking away.

I mean, if Marcus Ellington was still hangover, I couldn't rely on anything but the hope this bag really had in it the info I needed.

Heading back to my room, I unpacked the bag.

It had several components.

First off was a set of keys, clearly labelled.

Another thing was a set of instructions as follows:

'The Chairman's plane was this morning at five. I've worked my pretty ways with my mom to make sure the security around the safe will be gone between twelve to two in the afternoon. In case you come across any, it'll be my men standing their guard –use the code phrase 'I'm here to make sure the office temperature is as per the Chairman's preference.' Then after that, take that chance, the key to the office is labelled.
In the office, you have three main targets to search for the signature in: his drawer, the safe and the third is a drawer which apparently no one knows where it's at but we know it exits —supposedly has very dangerous documents. I've provided keys for all three, but you have to search on your own for the third target.
My men will be around the office to guard during the two hours, but they'll disappear after. Get your pretty ass out before the deadline.
P.S. I hope you're smart enough to not tell anyone about this. We don't wanna investigate Daisy's presence in the yard, right?
Mwah, HNY.'

I bit my lips, shivers running across my entity as I increased my pace.

Okay, it was ten in the morning now.