Chapter 83/230: Goodness in You

Appreciate your votes and comments - keep us motivated!

MAJOR reference chapters: 'Landmines Revealed' & 'Landmines Triggered' in Charlotte's Story Special Chapters Book

Soundtrack:

~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•

He froze.

His eyes widened slightly, yet remained on the book he was reading, as he responded not.

I kept my gaze fixed on him, my heart rate slightly picking up in anticipation.

Some seconds after, and noting I was still eyeing him, the Adam closed the book, turning in my direction.

His gaze was unfazed, extremely composed and retaining its usual arrogance and control. "Persuming you've witnessed my interactions with Chloe Harren and Keith, added to the fact that Jordan must've mentioned something before you previously, you should already know the story, no?"

I gulped, my heart tightening as I recalled all what he was speaking off.

And he was right.

All the interactions and what I've heard pointed at the same thing.

That Rickard Ellington Conway has previously betrayed Sebastian Keith and stole his lover from him.

And if anything, based on Chloe Harren's and Jordan's comments...

That apparently occurred twice and not once.

I bit my lips, "Yes, I... have a general idea." I confessed, taking a step in his direction as I lost his eyes for a second.

Before forcing my eyes into his again.

"But I want to hear the story from you."

His gaze, for a millisecond, faltered, before he directly brought it under control again.

I took my chance, keeping my determined look. "That's what we were talking about yesterday, right?" I reasoned, "I want to know your side of the story. I know you probably have a side of the story."

His look darkened, and for a second, his eyes looked like they were freezing at me.

Like they wanted to form a shield...

From me.

Like they didn't want to let me in.

"What makes you so certain?"

I blinked at his question, and my answer came out so thoughtlessly, like it's the most natural thought in the world. "Because you always do."

He cut off our eye contact at this, turning away from me as he gazed at nothing in particular. "You're mistaken then, the story is as you know it."

I took another step in his direction at this, my heartbeat rate picking up as I caught the beginning of the thread –his avoiding eye contact.

Which he rarely does.

"Really?" I spoke, my voice firm as I kept my eyes fixed on him. "If so, please affirm the story as you believe I know it."

His eyes widened at this, and he stiffened.

Bingo!

I knew it.