10-sherlock x reader

sherlock is sitting in his armchair, hands folded beneath his lips, eyes closed, infront of him on the opposite chair john is sitting, typing in his laptop.

"anything from george?" sherlocl asks. "greg, and no" john replys. its been almost 3 months since the last case lestrade needed help with, and sherlock was getting frustrated and bored. "nothing?" he tries again. "if he needed help, he wouldve asked" john sighs, also getting annoyed by sherlocks boredom.

"maybe we should go check" sherloco wonders. "what?" john asks, looking over to the detective. "you know, check if theyre ok there, why they arent calling me" sherlock says. "you are so desprete..-" john sighs and chuckles, and sherlock frowns.

"i am not single minded as you are john, i must work, i must entertain my brain to keep it up and working, and geffrey didnt just get a whole lot smarter" sherlock lectures and gets up to put on his coat and scarf, already halfway downstairs.

**

hes speed walking up the stairs of new scotland yard, john walking behind him with his hands shoved in his pockets, exhasted and so clearly doesnt want to be here.

"dont worry john, just a quick pop in, to make sure theyre not drowning in work" sherlock smirked as he stepped into the lift with john, and just before the doors closed, anderson ran in.

"what are you doing here?" anderson asks the tall man. "egh," sherlock rolls his eyes. "none of your bussiness" he replys. "well, lestrade didnt call you" anderson says, intruiging sherlock.

"how do you know?" sherlock asks. "because he doesnt need your help" anderson smirked. "what do you mean? theres not one person in this department that can solve the simplest riddle without me" sherlock says smugly.

"thats what you think" anderson smiled as he bounces on his heels, john and sherlock share a confused look between them. "pray tell then" sherlock says. "youll see" he smirks as the doors of the lift open, and anderson leaves in a hurry, sherlock and john exiting behind him.

"what was that.." john sighs. "i dont know.." sherlock mutters as he walks over to lestrades office, knocking on the door. "hello" he smiles as he welcomes himself in to find greg at his desk, feet up as he watched his computer.

"oh sherlock, john, hello" he smiles as he motions for them to sit down, john sotting down, sherlock starts pacing the room. "what are you doing here?" he asks as he sets his feet down on the ground.

"what, cant pay a visit to my dear friend?" sherlock smiles sarcastically at him. "whats my name?" greg asks him with a blank face, and he and john watch as sherlock stares at him. "george" he smiles as he turns to the other side, greg shaking his head. "its greg" he says.

"yes yes yes, what happened in london then, did the crime rate just fall drastically?" sherlock asks, and greg looks over to john whos holding his head in his hands, eyes closed. "what?" he asks. "you havent called sherlock in a while" john mummbles through his tiredness. "a while being 2 months and 26 days" sherlock says.

greg slowly smirks as he leans back in his chair, rubbing his chin. "getting bored?" he decided to tease sherlock. "just wondering how youre holding... up" sherlock says smugly, looking down at the inspector. "just fine" lestrade smirks. "just.. fine"

"anderson tells me youve got... a riddle solver" sherlock says, lifting his chin up, looking down at the inspector. "you spoke with anderson.." greg smirks, shaking his head as he chuckles. "so bored.." he mummbles to himself.

"yes, so?" sherlocl beckons him. "yes, we have a riddle solver, a new one" greg smiles, clasping his fingers together. "new?" sherlock asks. "shes from {H/T}, quiet young" greg smirks. "and who might she be?" sherlock asks. "she'll be in soon, you can wait" greg smirks. "its almost 10 am, she comes in whenever she wants?" "shes a little messy" greg chuckles, and soon, sherlock sits down beside john, and they wait silently.

and true, 20 minutes later, the doors of the lift open, and the door to gregs office open. sherlock looks up, and watchs, surprised.

infront of him is standing a young woman, {H/C} hair is down, behind her shoulders, her rosy lips in a line as her bored {E/C} eyes looked around the room. she was wearing a big black coat around her shorter body, underneath he can see peaking a wine coloured shirt with buttons that were not all closed. in her hands-covered by gloves- shes holding a cup of coffee and a pen, her other hand in her pocket lazily.

"good morning {Y/N}" greg smiles. "morning greg, whats up, whos that?" you ask, looking at sherlock and john, who was also watching ou, confused. sherlock stands up immediatly, towering over you. "dont know me?" he asks, raising an eyebrow. "do i..-?" you look over to greg, who just smirks. "who are you?" you ask. "sherlock holmes" he says, and you nod as you look him up and down, nodding slightly with your tounge rubbing over your teeth. "yeah, i dont know yous" you smirked.

"{Y/N} {L/N}, nice to meet you" you smiled as you put your hand out for him to shake, which he took carefully. "and you?" you ask, looking over to the shorter man at the room. "erm, john watson" he smiles as he gets up and shakes your hand warmly. "a pleasure" you smiled. "and would you mind me asking, why are you here?" you ask, raising an eyebrow.

"thats the riddle solver?" sherlock asks greg, confused, who just nods at him. "she?" he asks again, john hitting his arm to shut him. "whats the problem here?" you ask. "sherlock here used to help us with cases you see, but he hasnt been called in in a while" greg says as you walk over to stand beside him. "oh" you smile. "yeah im the new detective" you smiled.

"from?" john asks again. "{H/T}" you reply and he nods. "and what did you come to london for?" sherlock asks. "i was to messy for the military" you and greg laughed. "im sorry?" he asks, john was amazed to see how lost sherlock looked. "i was a soldier, but they kicked me out, too smart, too messy, etc etc" you smiled as you drank from your coffee.

"and now.. youre a detective" he says and you nod. "money has to come from somewhere" you smirked. "i see.." sherlock was lost. he didnt see anything. everything about you was weird, and he was properly confused.

"any good?" sherlock asks. "the best" you smile as you finish your coffee, slapping the cup on gregs desk. "show me then" sherlock says with a smirk, challanging. "alright.." you said boredly as you swang your arm around and turned to greg. "will you drive us?" you ask and he nods.

"lets go then" you smile and turn to the door "lets go play riddles"

***

ermmm... enjoy? please guys, request, itll make this so much easier for me lol! but i love writing, and i love that you read it!

follow, request, vote and comment!!

yours, the red demon♧